What does your picky eater like?

And I don't wanna hear how they need to eat whatever you give them bc it's not my child.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:30 PM on Dec. 9, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My youngest (age 7) would only eat bagels, cheese, and chocolate milk if I let her. Some days I do let her...

Anonymous

• At different stages of my kids lives, they ate different foods. I introduced different foods (age appropriately). Sometimes they liked the new foods, sometimes they did not. They are now almost 15 and still have likes and dislikes.

One of my kids only liked breads, some meats and fruit. He does not like milk, but will eat cheese. The other kid pretty much ate anything I gave him to a point. My kids are almost 15 year old twins. Every kid is different. I just tried not to buy junk food too otfen. When we would go out, they did eat Happy Meals, pizza, etc. That is just the way it was.

Both boys are now pretty good eaters. They are more concerned about their overall health and looks. They try to eat healthy but do enjoy eating pizza, etc once in a while. They do not stress out about it.

You child will not starve, it is frustrating; but you will get through it. It will get better. Good luck to you guys.
    Anonymous

• My little one (15 months) is picky but she will eat tons of spinach if it's in an omelette with lots of cheddar cheese. She'll also eat just about any vegetable if it's in a vegetable lasagna context. She's a bread and cheese kind of girl. She loves fruit. She hates cow's milk (and soy milk, rice milk, anything but breast milk), but loves yogurt and cheese. It's the veggies that are challenging, but as I said, they pass in certain forms. My 2.5 year-old used to eat anything I would put in front of her, and just when we thought we were in the clear with a perfect, well-rounded happy-go-lucky eater, she's started refusing EVERYTHING. She will choke down the minimum amount of bites required to get her fruit ("dessert" in our house) or sometimes actual dessert. I'm sure it's a phase that will pass -- I'm just trying to avoid the temptation to make them mac n' cheese every day to avoid a struggle...
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 1:27 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• my 21 month old will only eat bananas and a pancake for breakfast, a cheese sandwich with some goldfish and fruit, and either hot dogs or chicken nuggets with ketchup he is extremely picky but my husband and i were as well and still are.
    krazylilthang6

Answer by krazylilthang6 at 3:17 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• My daughter is 12 months old. She's ridiculously picky. She won't touch anything slimy.
    Anonymous

• my daughter is very picky. some examples of what she will eat are: cheerios (plain, no milk), sometimes cheese, waffles with syrup, homemade cinnamon toast, chicken nuggets, a little bit of diced up meat (usually pork chops or chicken), and some fruit. she will not touch vegetables, and doesn't eat a lot of meat. if she doesn't like the look of something, she won't touch it. if she does touch it and it feels funny to her, she won't taste it.
    tstep972

Answer by tstep972 at 1:00 PM on Dec. 10, 2009