why does this happen and is it normal?!

ill be 39wks tomorrow. for some reason when im just sitting around, the baby will move to the right side of my stomach..completely making the left side of my stomach flat. just curious if anyone else has experienced this and wondering if its possible for her to do a complete 180 and be breech? she has had her head really low for months.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:33 PM on Dec. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My youngest son would move over to the right and you could see his butt and the outline of his body. Babies can do a 180 but it isn't common so late in pregnancy. I wouldn't worry about that.

My son stayed on the right side during labor. My labor wasn't going very fast and I decided to lay on my left side. As I moved over it felt right to push on his butt that was by my right side ribs. I got on my side and felt like pushing. I got back over and it was time for him to be born. I think I went from 5cm to him being born in 15 min.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:45 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• My son moves to whichever side I am leaning towards. I dont sit straight up and usually have my arm against an arm rest and whichever side that is on... thats which way he curves his body around
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 1:23 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• my son would get in some really weird positions and make it so that we just could not tell how he was head down! so my midwife got me all scared that i had twins or that he was transverse so we did an ultrasound. i can't remember how many weeks i was but about 38 i think. he was head down and just ONE. :) i think they are just so crammed that they get in some weird positions in there...
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 1:39 PM on Dec. 9, 2009