military wives

have you guys ever wanted to tell anyone off who is higher ranking then your dh? and if os have you. i havent but i did tell and officers wife off once. i was preggo and am not happy when am preggo. yesterday ds had a doc app, dh was at worked i called him to pick me up, he went to the doc office and open the door picked up or dd and i had ds . we were walking towards the car when this bitch E6 was like i need to talk top u, she pulls out her ID and is all like your not allow to be in uniform and dh teel her ma just picking the up. she teel him i understan i have 4 kids and i changed. dh sees am geteing piss. cuz am already coming towards her so his like honey go in the office and i dont . i dont tell her oof but i do shut her up and she just looks at me. i wanted to tell her to f off but i dont wnat to get dh in trouble. anyways if i tell someone off would he get in trouble. cuz alot of higher ranking people piss me off

piwife

Asked by piwife at 1:04 PM on Dec. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• If you tell someone off that is higher ranking than your husband, then yes he can get in trouble and so could you. You are his responsibility and if he can not control you and if this is an ongoing thing, then they can send you back home. I had a neighbor that got sent back home for the same reasons you just mentioned.

Anonymous

• I haven't told any of them off but I really want to right now! My husband just got back from Afghanistan 3 weeks ago, Im going to have our 3rd baby any day now and they just told him we can't take leave for more than 14 days (it takes us 2 days to get home and 2 days back here, so we'd only get 10 days at home) and that our leave can't run through Christmas and New Year's. That is when my kids' break from school is... that's the only time we have that we can go. Im so mad right now.. I just want everyone at home to be able to welcome my husband back from deployment and meet our new baby. There's my 'military spouse' rant for the day. It isn't often I have issues with higher ranking people or the military in general but once in awhile things just don't make sense and it pisses me off.

As for your story, my husband never goes off base or into an area where you are not supposed to wear uniform even if its just for a moment.
    Anonymous

• No I never would do that. Because you would not get in trouble. Your DH would get in trouble. The saying "What you do, gets your active duty spouse in trouble" at work. That goes for your kids too. She has a right to correct him.  You as just a spouse needs to learn to stay out of military business. Or your DH will get into a lot of trouble one day for your actions.

Answer by louise2 at 1:14 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• PS... My DH just retire as an E-6. Like my DH says. " Stay in your own lane".

Answer by louise2 at 1:18 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• As a military wife and also a military member myslef, I can tell you it would be a bad idea to tell someone off that is higher ranking than your husband. She was actually right in correcting him for being in uniform in a place he shouldn't be, and If you were to anger her more, she could find out who is directly in charge of your husband and tell them what happened. Depending on how your husbands command is, that could mean extra working hours or worse. Wearing an unauthorized uniform in a public place is actually "disobeying a lawful order" and chargeable under the ucmj (description of the ucmj- http://usmilitary.about.com/od/justicelawlegislation/l/blucmj.htm). You have to be careful because the military has all of the "rules" pretty defined and angering someone who has every right to enforce the rules could lead to nasty effects.
    imeddiesmommy

Answer by imeddiesmommy at 1:21 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• I HAVE NEVER TOLD ANYONE OFF EXCEPT OFF THAT WIFE. AND NEVR WILL . AS FOR THE UNIFORM YESTERDAY . WE LIVE 20 MTS OF BASE HE WAS WOPRKING HAD TO GO PUICK ME UP AND I ME AND THE KIDS HAD TO SIT ION THE CAR FOR 20 MTSWHILE HE FINISH WORK. HE IS CHARGED. SO NOBODY TELL HIM ANYTHING. THAT E-6 HAD NO IDEA WHY HE WAS IN UNFORM. ,Y DH SFT SGT FOUND OUT AND DINT TELL DH ANYTHING HE JUST SAID DONT LISTEN TO THAT BITCH. HIS SFT SGT IT WAS K FOR HIM TO GO PICK ME AND THE KIDS UP IN UNIFORM.
    UMM LOUISE ARE YOU A MILITARY WIFE? AMD HOW COME I ALWAYS SEE ARMY FOLKS WITYH UNIFORMS AT PLACES WHERE THEY ARENT ALLOW. LIKE THE CLUB, STORES, MALLS, GTROCERY SHOPPING. WHAT ABOUT THEM
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 1:23 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Every branch of service has thier own rules. Army members are allowed to wear thier cammies in public. I'm going to take a shot in the dark and say your husband is a Marine, Marines are the most strict on uniform wear.
    imeddiesmommy

Answer by imeddiesmommy at 1:27 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• trust me my dh command didt care, being that my dh is one of the bosses.. i mena the gave my dh a e-6 job cuz the other e-6 sucked so much. he was there for like 5 mts. it would have been less if that bitch hadnt stop us. she made us stayed there longer. my dh is and E5
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 1:29 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• yes marines
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 1:30 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Sorry, that's a rule. You can't be mad at someone for pointing out that he's in the wrong.

And no, I've never had the urge to tell off anyone higher ranking than my husband. Those are his bosses, and my actions reflect on my husband.
    asaffell

Answer by asaffell at 1:32 PM on Dec. 9, 2009