SAHM VS. WORKING MOTHER ?!

do you stay home or do you work? would you rather do the other? what do you think the advantages are? or who has the most advantages? =[[

mommy16love

Asked by mommy16love at 1:11 PM on Dec. 9, 2009 in Money & Work

• I'm a SAHM and I personally feel that there are more advantages to that in my situation. I would in no way rather be working.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 1:13 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• i'm a sahm! I prefer the term homemaker, not stay at home....MOM! LOL. I do miss bringing in the money, but if I did, my son would be in daycare and my paychecks would go towards that alone...waste of time. I'd rather be at home with him.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 1:15 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• I work part time. Mon-Thurs. 7am-1:30 I LOVE my Kids. I LOVE my job. My job makes me happy. I enjoy my time out of the house and with my co-workers. I know my kids are safe loved and cared for outside of my presence. All that aside we NEED the extra money. My Check pays the mortgage and my DH the majority of the bills. (I wish I could say all) ther are advatages to both. neither is right or wrong. They are just diffferent. I wouldn't mind cutting my hours back to only 3 days a week but I would always work as long as I have this particular job. I just enjoy doing it.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:17 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• SHAM

Advantages - raise my children, homeschool, involved in kids activities, take care of children when they were sick and when they were hospitalized, I went to college part time and earned graduate degrees

Disadvantages - loss of career, loss of income

Ideal situation - once the youngest child is 4 or 5 both parents work part time and take care of kids when other is at work
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 1:17 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• i am a sahm, but my hubby makes enough that we can do that. if i were to work, my paycheck would go to daycare so it doesn't really make a difference anyway. i think that if you have the financial means to do so, staying at home is great, but unfortunately alot of families have to have both parents working. i planon getting a part-time job once all the kids are in school though. just somewhere to go during the day while they're at school. maybe even voulenteering idk
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 1:18 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• I work full time 4 days a week. I think I have the best of both worlds because my DD is home with dad 2 days a week, at day care 2 days a week and home with me 3 days a week. I WHOLE HEARTEDLY believe that children need to go to day care or play dates, or something where they socialize with other children. My 18 month old honestly speaks as well as most of the 2 and 3 year olds at her day care because she is around them and she learns from them (not that she doesn't from us, we read to her, talk to her, play with her, etc). I also get to socialize and help support my family by working. I think that it is what is best for the family, though. I would love to be a SAHM if we could A. Afford it. and B. I could have some type of activity, group, sport, something that I could get away and have some "me" time (which is work for me).
    Anonymous

• I work and it's not working out it leaves my kids walking home from school in below 0 weather or blizzards then it always ends up as having a sick child..the house don't get cleaned as much as it used to and I can't stand that my kids never see me due to my work schedule I can never go have fun with them again due to my schedule my husband wants me to quit and be home with the kids and clean while they go to school during the day it's insanely hard to work and have kids that aren't old enough to fend for themselves yet...
    Anonymous

• SAHM. It's what I want to do. I'm happy. There are advantages and disadvantages to both. It all depends on your wants and needs.
    Anonymous

• sahm... this is perfect for me.
    Anonymous

• Both. I am a WAHM. I also work part time outside the home - because I want to not because I need to - My DH is home full time as well because my income is more than enough, but I needed a break from being home all day, so I work for Macy's a few days a week - like 12hours a week over 3 days, just because I love it!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:09 PM on Dec. 9, 2009