do you use a standard diaper bag or somethng else?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:16 PM on Dec. 9, 2009 in General Parenting

• Photobucket

This is Chloe's diaper bag. I HATE the huge ones. A friend got this for me at my shower :)
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 1:20 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• I HATE using a diaper bag, period. I will always have it in the car but usually I will throw a diaper and sippy cup or whatever we need in my purse :)
    newmomma14

Answer by newmomma14 at 1:20 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• I do the same, keep a bag in the car and shove what is needed in my purse. I always hated actual diaper bags.... They never were right for me. Either too big or too small, or just not the organization in it I needed/
    Anonymous

• I have a very small bag that I carry (equivalent of a purse, I guess, but it's more like a really small reusable grocery bag). No compartments, nothing. It was just big enough for the portable changing pad, my wallet and phone, and a cup of water. I always liked to wear the little one and let the big girl (she was only 15 months when my 2nd was born) walk as much as possible rather than push a stroller, so I didn't want extra weight on me. You can still throw in little snacks and things... Sometimes, like during potty training when I would need a change of clothes to be safe, I would keep a bigger bag of things in the car.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 1:31 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• I have a big bag that my husband grandmother made me. It doesn't look like a diaper bag at all. It has all kinds of pockets in it to carry my wallet, bottles, sippy cups and tons of room for extra clothes, diapers and such. I love it. I have three kids, the oldest just turned 3 and my youngest is 4 months so I have quite a bit to fit in a bag. I am looking forward to just needing to carry for one and going back to a regular size purse bag.
    Anonymous

• I use my regular backpack or large purse and put the babies stuff in with mine, i don't like diaper bags.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 1:43 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• I have a vera bradley backpack that I use as a diaper bag.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 3:04 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• when my 1st was a baby I used one ....then I moved onto big purses...but now that i have 2, and they both get car sick, and i have to pack like 3 outfits each everytime we go somewhere...I am left carrying my big purse plus another bigger purse with their clothes...
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 3:04 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• We always used a backpack; I have never seen a truly practical, gender neutral, diaper bag

Answer by rkoloms at 3:15 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• when my son was a new born up till he was 2 i had the "diapper bag" it was bright coloerd and tackey it was the stnadard when he was almost two my aunt got me the best xmass gift ever she got took all my presents and stuffed them in the medumsized black bag that had 3 zipperd compartments. i use it as my diapper bag she had herd me sayign i hated my old one and jsut got me a new one my son is almost 3 and i still carry it around itl ooks stylish and halpds everyhting
    jajamama

Answer by jajamama at 3:16 PM on Dec. 9, 2009