How do you stay motivated in your weight loss journey?

I have been on a very restricted low caloric intake (dont wanna say diet) because I intend to make this a lifestyle. Its been a week now and I have lost 5 pounds. I am excited and cannot wait to see how much I lose next week. I am on my period now and having such strong cravings for chocolate and sugar lol. On the one hand, I feel like I deserve to have even a little bit since I have been doing so good, but on the other hand, I really want to stick to the plan. I really havent eliminated sugars completely, I have just cut down A LOT. I had 2 teaspoons of sugar in my tea today, and that is all the sugar I am supposed to have in a day.

So my question is, how do you keep focussed onyour weight loss? What do you tell yourself when you have cravings and what do you do about them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:36 PM on Dec. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• well dark chocolate is suppose to be healthy so maybe indulging in a small piece should be ok..like one square of a herseys bar, the follow up with fruit, like strawberries.... dont beat yourself up if you slip and the best way to stay on track is ot have a little bit of what you are craving. i used to be a cookie junkie but when i craved cookies i limited myself to 1 cookie then had glass of water and ate the cookie really slow, and took the time to actually enjoy it and i was satisfied....now im to the point where all i can eat is half a cookie... and dont try to do it all at once, it tried to change everything at once and it lead to failure so i took baby steps and replaced a few unhealthy foods with healthy foods at a time and if now i slip and have a big mac i dont freak, after all im human and its not like i eat them everyday.... good luck
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 1:53 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Thank you!!
    Anonymous

• I've been doing low carb for a week and I weighed myself yesterday and I lost 8lbs! I was so excited, and I even had a "cheat" day! That's what keeps me motivated, actually seeing results. I had a lady today tell me she could tell I had lost weight in my face. I have to MAKE myself exercise, but it's starting to pay off. Hang in there and good luck!
    jillisue808

Answer by jillisue808 at 4:20 PM on Dec. 9, 2009