Is it weird to take a bath with your toddler?

I put on my bathing suite but he doesn't, its kinda like swimming I think but in a regualr tub, is that weird? I just do it sometimes when we are bored and have nothing to do.

ColoradoMom25

Asked by ColoradoMom25 at 1:39 PM on Dec. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• No I did. My husband does it every now and then when Jack wants him to sit in the tub with him.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 1:41 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• nothing wrong with it but i wouldnt do it personally, i have issues about that kinda stuff with just reasons of which i dont want to get into. i dont even bath with my 2 yr old daughter
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 1:44 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• i have before, but we have small tubs and I cant fit in it comfortably by myself, so sitting in it with my son didnt make it any rooomier lol
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 1:44 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• i take a bath bath with my 3 yr old girl all the time.
    and in the summer when it was super hot we dont have a pool or couldnt go outside in the sprinklers we would jump in the bath in our suite.. no biggie.
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 1:47 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• we take showers with our son. but not with bathing suits, lol, he's only 12mos.
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 1:51 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Why would it be weird? People seriously have issues with this? Wow.
    Anonymous

• most if the people who have issues with it are ones who were sexually abused as a child..no fault of their own it just some things are harder to get over
    Anonymous

• my mom used to bath with me.. i even remember showering with her before when i was maybe 4? I turned out fine :) it was nothing gross just a shower.. i think its fine.
    maybebaby83

Answer by maybebaby83 at 2:08 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• all of my kids bathe/shower with me... they are 8,4,2. nothing weird/wrong with/about it. they don't have issues, neither do i. its just being naked... jeez.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 2:18 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Are you making sexual advances at him? is he making sexual advances at you? Probably not, you are mother and child taking a bath together. Jeesh, why is there such a problem with nakedness? At least, he is learning first hand the differences between male and female and won't resort to peeking thru keyholes and is learning that there is more to being naked than sex.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:23 PM on Dec. 9, 2009