schedules

I have a 9month old that is on no schedule that i have made for her. she makes her own schedule. and its pretty consistent. i wanted to be on a schedule but it didn;t work out that way. has anyone not been on a schedule when their children were infant and then on one when they were older? how did that turn out? and another question some mothers that their children has never been on a schedule even as babies or toddlers how did that work for you?thanks

lambdarose

Asked by lambdarose at 1:39 PM on Dec. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• if your baby's schedule is pretty consistant go with her flow and make that her schedule! If not a schedule, at least the same routine!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 1:47 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• My son was never on a schedule as an infant. He would eat every 4 hours or so and just cat nap throughout the day. Once he was a toddler, be got on a schedule. Napping same time in the morning then in the afternoon. Bedtime was always 8 and he would wake up between 5 and 6. Schedules are nice for when you have nothing to leave and do outside of the house. But Its nice when there is no schedule and u can just go. You don't have to worry about naptime, and getting home in time for that. If any of that makes sense. My daughter is 6 months and she also has yet to get on a schedule. She will sleep when she is tired. This makes it easier for me as now my oldest is in kindergarten in the mornings. Hope this was somewhat helpful.
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 1:47 PM on Dec. 9, 2009