should i believe the ultrasound tech, or have a 3d done?

had my 20 week scan and the tech said well i dont see any genital so its a girl, we asked her to show us and she wouldnt. plus she said the baby was not cooperating. she couldnt even take a snap shot of the general area thats how uncooperative my lil one was. so should we have a 3d done at 24 weeks just to make sure. because she didnt sound to reassuring?

aprilmommytobe

Asked by aprilmommytobe at 2:05 PM on Dec. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• you should have a 4d ultra sound anyway! it is extra reassuring all the way around and it is so much fun! they can tell the gender at almost 13 or 14weeks with 4D ULTRASOUND! it is so cool, i have never had one personally but ive seen my good friends ultrasound and the 4th dimension is the heat and movement it shows everything so well on the U/S and they add a little color even too when they print out a still picture so it is easier to see things and it is super cool to have and to experience the new technology they have in order to see the baby so well that is in your belly! great keepsake and memories too! They should definately be able to see gender with that...they should also have methods and be more patient with you and the baby if it is being uncooperative so often the baby is "shy" &can be hard to get it to cooperate depending on the day so should be moved by time u get next u/s and easier to see by then! good luck!
    xxxnataliexxx

Answer by xxxnataliexxx at 2:34 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• thats up to you. my techs were never worng. i had one they told me i was having
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 2:12 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• My dr did mine and said "I don't see anything to make it a boy so I am going to say its a girl". She was moving so much it was hard to tell anything. We ended up getting another scan done and she held more still and was obviously a girl. I did not distrust my dr-i just wanted a definite answer.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 2:15 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• you dont "need to make sure" its not like the tech wasnt able to see an arm or something! I chose to find out the gender of my kids but its not something that is a necessity.
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 2:21 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• well it can never be 100%. it's really normal for the tech to say they "think" baby is boy or girl. you can't know for sure until the baby is born. i don't thin kit's necessary to have another ultrasound. just a waste of money imo.
    Anonymous

• IMO the tech wouldn't have told you she thought it was a girl if she didn't honestly think that. when I went in for mine they couldn't see, couldn't see, couldn't see and finally just told me that I wasn't going to be able to find out because they couldn't get an accurate angle to see, so I just had to wait. I did end up having another and found out what I was having, but it is just the point I don't think they would say that if they didn't think it. thats all.
    Anonymous