any moby wrap users?

hi i just wanted to hear from some moms who successfully used a moby wrap.

i am an extremely nervous person when it comes to newborns so i am afraid my baby would just fall out of it!!!!! lol

i didn't use a wrap or carrier with my son but now that i will be having my baby and still have to care for my toddler, i am very interested in wearing my baby! i watched a how to video on using the wrap but it didn't ease my mind.

so how difficult is it to use? does it feel like your baby is safe and secure once you get it on? were you ever afraid your baby would fall out?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:28 PM on Dec. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have one and dont like it, it does not feel secure to me, its really hard to get it on right. I think my dh likes it but I like the Bjorn much better and my dh likes it too.
    HayleyGM

Answer by HayleyGM at 2:40 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• it took me forever to figure that thing out but others swear by it. i just can't wrap myself then put baby in by myself
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:43 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• I have a wrap - not the moby but I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT! started wearing my youngest when she was 5 weeks (I was at a trade fair and she was grumpy - the wrap lady came wrapped us up and guaranteed that I would never do anything else - I was the biggest SKEPTIC out there....and within an hour of her being so happy and content and feeding I bought the one she put on me). hiking, long walks - especially winter you can tie baby on and then put your jacket on overtop - you're warm baby's warm. I still wear her when hiking and she's 3.

check www.mamatoto.org for positions and tying hints. tie it on then put baby in, tighten and then you're done way easier than trying to hang onto baby and tie it.

helped with gassy baby too - as you move baby moves and it all 'comes out'
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 3:47 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• I have a sleepy wrap which is similar to the moby and I love it. Its very secure. I can bend down and do whatever I need to do while wearing my 4 month old. My sister has the same wrap in a different colour and puts her 15 month old in it (weighs about 27lbs). Its very comfortable, no straps to bite in, easy to put on and the baby likes it.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 4:09 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• i have a moby & i wear my two-week old in it all the time. i never feel like she's going to fall out & it's not difficult to put on. i wrap it on me before we leave the house, so when we're out it's already on for me to slip her in there.
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 4:45 PM on Dec. 9, 2009