Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

In home childcare?

I am interested in starting up an in home childcare for just 3 or 4 young kids. Does anyone know what all I need to get or can you give me any pointers? Thanks!


Asked by abbyleigh at 2:33 PM on Dec. 9, 2009 in Money & Work

Level 1 (0 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (4)
  • find your lical child care resource and referral agency (find them at They will be able to answer any questions that you may have about the licensing regulations in your state

    Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 2:44 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

  • Contact the city and they will tell you how to get licenced.

    I highly recomend contacting your insurance company and uping your homeowners insurance... you can never be too careful.

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:36 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

  • If you're planning on doing it for like friends that are private pay there is a lot less that you have to do. If you'll have state pay, you'll have more regulations, etc. You can look up your state CODs and they will have specifics on what you need to do. Good luck!

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:38 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

  • I want to really warn you against trying to make money under the table. Insurance is EVERYTHING when you are taking care of other people's children. There are laws that will may make it illegal to sit for more than a certain number of kids, or a certain number of families. CHECK IT ALL THROUGH THE CITY. Do not try to do this under the table becaue they are friends... if ANYthing happens you could ruin your self financially and find out that you broke a law.

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:41 PM on Dec. 9, 2009