If you had a c-section?

Does the scar still bother you? I can barely see mine after 2 years since my last one, my first being 4 years ago. My doctor said it looks VERY good.
It's still fuckin numb feeling and still kinda hurts if I touch. My pants rubbing it drives me literally insane and as funny as it sounds to think of the feelin is like nails on a chalk board for me.
Anyone else? And how long has it been?
I love my c-sections, but damn it this scar is still driving me crazy.

PhatAttack

Asked by PhatAttack at 2:54 PM on Dec. 9, 2009 in General Parenting

• I had two c-sections (4 & 2 yrs ago). The incision is in almost the exact same spot or damn close to it.

It is still 'slightly' numb. I have sensation there if I push on it but it is duller than the surrounding area. However the pain/soreness was gone completely pretty much within 2 months or so...I mean maybe if the baby kicked me it was sore longer than another part of my body; but not "painful" in general.

And how high up is your incision/scar that your pants rubbing on it bothers you? Mine was done literally right at the hairline; my panties more than cover it; and that section of my pants is flat; sooo; I guess I'm confused...

That feeling of needing to scratch an itch but can't because it's numb is maddning; but as someone mentioned is due to the nerves that were cut...but mine doesn't do that anymore.
    beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 7:48 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Mine is numb, but it doesn't bother me at all. I never think about it.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:55 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• mine does like yours does... my first was 3.5 years ago and my second was going on 14 months ago...but it has always been numb and itches and everything but my DR has always said it looks fine....sometimes i even get a bad itch and its like...inside and i cant itch it...and sometimes i get little twinges of pain when I rub it...

my aunt had 3 of them, her last being 10 years ago and she says hers is still numb and itchy...
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 3:02 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• I got mine less then a year ago, Jan 10th.
    It is still numb, scar doesn't bother me.. but i'm fat so maybe that has something to do with it.. when i touch it i'm still scared my insides will fall out and lately i've had pinching feelings.. odd..
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 3:05 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• ya its still numb and itches a lot but i hate to scratch it because the feeling feels weird,but i love my scar always have i wouldn't mind if it didn't fade or did =]]
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 3:13 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• m scar is almost 3 years old and i know its there but i cnat not feel it at all ever i look at it in the mirror I can see it but its so light and faded
    jajamama

Answer by jajamama at 3:18 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Mine is 14 years old, and though the scar is barely visable and very small, I still have numb areas and from time to time it will start to itch like CRAZY!!!! I have no idea if there are reasons other than the nerves that were damaged, but it can drive you batty after awhile! I guess its just one more of those joys of motherhood....lol
    SuperMomof3kids

Answer by SuperMomof3kids at 4:03 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• lol. My DD will be 2 in 2 weeks and I am still numb under my scar. It doesn't bother me though... I'm to fat to see it. lol. ---Geez! I need to loose weight!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:08 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• I had two c-sections for very dumb reasons and i dont feel like explaining it right now. But its not the scar that bothers me. it is the stretch marks and how NUMB my lower abs are. Its just stupid! its very very hard to do any lower ab work when you want to work out because it does not go back to being flat like it was before kids in 2003.
    Anonymous

• Mine is a little numb, but I rarely even notice it. My DD is 18 months.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 6:21 PM on Dec. 9, 2009