SAHM and then?

My hubby and I agreed that I would stay home with our daughter until she started pre school at age 3. We recently moved and I am renting out our previous home which I owned before the marriage. I am now paying all the utilities plus cable, internet and phone. Now that I am chipping in and and also doing all the household chores do you think I should still have to go back to work?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:02 PM on Dec. 9, 2009 in Money & Work

• Do you need more money? If so, go to work. If not, don't. Keep in mind the high cost of daycare.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:03 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• If you cant afford to stay home, yes....you can get a job while your daughter is out of the house..otherwise..stay home and enjoy your time.
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 3:04 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• If you can afford to stay home then by all means go for it! I dont see a reason why you should put your child in daycare and be gone all the time if you dont need to be.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 3:07 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Only if you need extra money. You might also consider being able to put away some money in savings in addition to paying bills. That might just be me though. I'm a big believer in having options and for that you need money.
    Anonymous

• You need to balance your desire to stay home with the cost of being away from your career. You may want to consider working part time, doing consulting work, or doing volunteer work related to your career.

Additionally, now is the time to get a great jump on retirement and college savings; if you can do this on one income, then it won't be a concern in a few years.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:49 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• What if you offered to Work From Home? I told my hubby how expensive daycare, gas in the car, work clothes, etc...and it came out more cost effective to work from home.

Usually you just have to lay it out for them, Men are very visual and fact orientated. LOL

Good Luck and I hope you get to continue staying home with your little one :)

ChristinaDennis

Answer by ChristinaDennis at 5:06 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• You have probably considered the option that you have to work at home. I work at home with a 5 year old at school, a 2 year old at home with me and one on the way. There are no parties, no stocking of inventory, no MLM! I would love to get you more information and answer any questions that you may have. My website is www.beingunited.com and my email is rebeccabowen@live.com. Hope we can talk soon! Thanks
    Rebecca
    Rebecca325

Answer by Rebecca325 at 9:08 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• That is a question you need to ask your husband. You and he need to communicate and agree.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 10:59 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• yeah yeah ruttermama no duh! Im asKing for "OPINIONS"
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:08 AM on Dec. 10, 2009