Why do they want to give the moms a hard time?

My DD just turned 4 & she gives me more attitude than she does anybody. And it is like she wants to do it more when we are in front of each other. Why do they tend to be more this way with their moms? How do I get her to stop?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:28 PM on Dec. 9, 2009 in General Parenting

• I think its because kids always test their mothers more, because its safe too. Most mothers are never going to walk way from their children of reject them. So moms become sort of safe testing ground to figure out what is appropriate and what is not. Moms also become a safe place to rebell against the restrictions of social acceptable.
    FuzNet

Answer by FuzNet at 3:32 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Because more often than not the mother is the one the child is around most often so they learn buttons and boundaries they can push and break with them whereas with other people they aren't as "comfortable" pushing the boundaries.
    AngeLnChainZ

Answer by AngeLnChainZ at 6:57 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Mothers love their children unconditionally, so no matter how "bad" a child is, they know mommy will forgive them. Moms are the safest people to test boundaries with.
    Anonymous