Did your attitude change now that you're a mom?

I don't listen to my usual music or let my baby watch ANY crap tv. I also stopped cursing! I realize now how kids are truly like a sponge! My husband had some issues with these changes at first but now he is use to it. I believe there is a time and a place for adult things. When my baby is in bed! Also no texting or phone use at dinner time. If I'm a prude, so be it! lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:32 PM on Dec. 9, 2009 in General Parenting

• I'm trying to stop cursing and I've changed so much, and I even look down on people who are like how I used to be... Baby comes first!
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 3:42 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• I agree, baby comes first. But haven't changed much, I've always been a prude I guess! LOL
    Anonymous

• In some ways; but I'm still me. Do I put their welfare & happiness before mine? Yes; because I'm an adult and can reason it out and they're under 5 and cannot.

However; that doesn't mean everything about me has changed. I never generally watched a lot of tv before the evening anyway; so once in a while they watch something with my on a weekend but usually it's kid shows. We get up and go to work 50+hours a week; I think that entitles us to a night out once or twice a month to cut loose; have dinner and drinks. The kids are picked up from grandma's in the morning. But we still watch the same shows; listen to the same music in the car; have the same friends.

We became parents; that means having something ADDED to our lives; not SUBTRACTED.
    Anonymous

• The only thing that's really changed for me is how I react to things. Before I was pregnant and then had my daughter, I was quicker to get froggy and jump at someone for pissing me off. These days it has to be a serious offense, usually involving my daughter, to get a real reaction out of me.
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 6:38 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• I'm a prude with you. But every now and then she catches me watching Desperate Housewives. LOL.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 6:44 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• One change I've noticed in myself is that I'm less judgmental of other parents.

Anonymous

• I noticed the same thing and thought "Oh no, I am becoming my Dad!" lol. I guess in time we realize their are things our parents really were right about and there is no way around it!
    katie23

Answer by katie23 at 8:18 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Oh I still go out every now and then too with my girlfriends! I mean in front of my daughter I'm a prude! lol Pass the Grey Goose! haha
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:07 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• My attitude changed yes, but I never changed myself. I've always listened to the music I want to listen to, watched the TV that i've wanted to. When my kids were young tots I watched my language heavily. But I didn't change much about myself as a person. Like anon said, I became less judgemental of others
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:30 AM on Dec. 10, 2009