Is there anything out there to help Acne during pregnancy?

AvaNGraciesMaMa

Asked by AvaNGraciesMaMa at 3:36 PM on Dec. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Wash your face twice a day with a very mild soap (like unscented baby soap) and a soft wash cloth; follow with a light, oil free moisturizer Once a day, before you wash your face, put on a honey mask (just honey, a great anti-bacterial). Every three days add a pinch of baking soda to the honey to exfoliate. Check back with me in two weeks and tell me how this worked.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:40 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Acne during pregnancy is normal due to extra hormones. Just find a good cleanser and moisturizer for your skin type and that is the best you can do. The one you normally use may not work right now as your skin may be a little different. I have oily skin in the summer and combination (oily in some areas, dry in others) in the winter and Mary Kay has always been the best brand for me. But use what works for you.
    Also a well balanced diet will help too!
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 3:42 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• rkoloms using honey IS awesome! When I use a homeade oatmeal and honey paste as a mask my skin is beautiful! The first time I did this my husband asked me if I was wearing makeup. I totally forgot about that...going to make some today. :) But when I looked up this recipe it was for oily skin I think because of the oatmeal so don't use this if you have dry skin.
    Thanks!
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 3:45 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• I used clean and clear facial scrub adn oil of olay micro scrub
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 3:45 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• One thing to watch out for is the toxins in many commercially available products. Before buying (or selling) any body care products you should check the safety of the ingredients. I like the Skin Deep database maintained by the Environmental Working Group (the folks who publish the guide to pesticides in produce). www.ewg.org

Avon and Mary Kay, among others, make a big public show of their support of breast cancer research and victims, yet refuse to stop using cancer causing ingredients in their products.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:07 PM on Dec. 9, 2009