chances of another preemie?

I am currently 33 weeks with my 3rd child. I am 2 cm and 75 % effaced and he is in -2 position.I went into the hospital contracting every 2-3 mins. The put me on magisum sulfate to stop contractions and sent me home with procardia pills. What are the chances of him coming early?

My first son was born at 37 weeks 2 days when I had hit 4 cm they induced.

My second son was a preemie born between 34-35 weeks. With him I was 4 cm for a month and when I hit 5 they induced me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:40 PM on Dec. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• 37 weeks is technically full term.
    With your history tho I would say it is most likely that you will not make it to the due date.
    Congrats tho hun, I pray you have a very healthy little one :)
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 3:44 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• you could go early but prob not if they gave you pills to tae to prevent it unless you want to have your baby early dont take the pills but i would take them my son was early too and he had problemss with his lungs it was bad so keep taking the pills and have them stop it everytime you should be on bedrest.
    Anonymous

• I was on the pills with my second child as well and still contiuned to dialate. I am still feeling small contractions but nothing major. I have been given the shots to help his lungs develop. My second son was born with no issues at all and went home at 2 days old with NO NICU stay at all! I know I got lucky with him tho.
    Anonymous

• Yeah with your history I'd say your mostlikely not making it to your due date, just watch what you do and try to keep that baby cooking as long as you can.! good luck
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 3:58 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• why did they induce you? i don't really get that. especially the 35 week one. from my understanding, it's normal to be dilated for weeks. it sounds like you might have experienced prodromal or prolonged labor but i don't really see why they would induce you...? i think if you don't get induced you would be good. maybe you should just refuse pelvic exams from here on out so you don't get so stressed about dilation numbers. good luck!
    Anonymous

• WTH did they induce you with your second son? That sounds lame to me! I was 4 cm at 35 weeks and 5 cm at 37 weeks and they wouldnt have dreamed of inducing me, nor would I have let them! That is just plain crazy... you probably would have made it full term ( to 37 weeks ) if the doc hadnt forced a preemie on you.

-2 station is still fairly high so thats a good sign that his head wont be pushing down too much on your cervix. And 2cm at 33 weeks isnt all that bad either...my guess is, assuming your doc doesnt induce again, that you will be just fine!!
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 4:03 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• I went into the hospital last night for slight spotting and they did a test called a fetal fibernecton? to see if the baby will come in the next 2 weeks. This test is said to be 90% correct. Anyways it came back positive.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Dec. 13, 2009

• i dont think that sounds right i had my baby 3 months early the hospital is gonna let me take her home at 34-35weeks and they concider that close enough to full term cuz u can have a baby 36-40 so ur baby is early but not by much my cuz had her baby at 18weeks now thats early so yeah
    mamamtobe

Answer by mamamtobe at 11:59 PM on Jul. 14, 2010