I just need to vent ladies, I hope you don't mind.

This is the worst 4 months I have ever had. I was in the hospital in Sept. My oldest son was in hospital in Oct. My husband in Nov. All for breathing problems, bronchitis, asthma, and pneumonia. He's in construction so there has been no work for him anyway, the main lady I took care of passed away, So I'm working 12 hours a week and can barely keep my utilities on. I've always worked and supported my family. I got a few numbers of places that could help at christmas with toys for my children, It was too late, they stopped taking requests. It will take my whole paycheck on Friday to pay my electric bill so no gifts out of that check. My only hope is that I will get paid again on christmas eve, although payday is on christmas. So say a little prayer for us. Thanks for letting me vent, I feel better now. Merry Christmas everyone!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:43 PM on Dec. 9, 2009 in Holidays

• I'm so sorry that you are having a hard time this Christmas. Have you tried the Toys for Tots? I know that they were taking last minute applications last year here where I live. http://www.toysfortots.org/ Have you talked to the Department of Human Services to see if they might be able to help with the utilities?
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 3:50 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Ugh, your story breaks my heart. But unfortunately many, many families are going through the same thing! I really pray for the best for you and your family and If I was rich, heck if I had an extra $50 you would be getting it! I will pray for you instead and hope that some generous person or organization helps you out and gives you a good Christmas. Hugs
    Anonymous

• Im praying for you and all the people in similar situations. We all hit rough patches at some point. Try to make this holiday season special by doing things that your children enjoy. Maybe instead of giving a lot of gifts, bake cookies together or get the whole family together and watch their favorite holiday movie. Go on a special outing if you can. Even just going and looking at Christmas lights on Christmas Eve or carolling can be special. People get so wrapped up in the gifts that often we forget that this is a time for family and love for our fellow man.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 3:54 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• :) Venting on CM is great huh? I know its tough not being able to buy all you want for your family on Christmas. I'm in that position as well. I know the charities have been overflooded with needs across the nation and cut their lists off months ago. I don't know how much if anything you will have to work with. If you have $20 per kid then a toy or two can be under the tree. If you have nothing to $5 you might look up crafts you can do with the kids using dollar tree items like paper, glue, crayons, scissors and glitter. Maybe you can refocus your Christmas morning to family time or making gifts for each other instead of buying.
    If your family likes to read you can even do some "shopping" at the library. Find some great books, magizes, videos and cds for each of them and wrap them in whatever you have at home...paper shopping bags work great and you can have the family decorate them.
    Love to you and your family.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 3:55 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• This seems like a journal instead of question and answer area. If it makes you feel better post over there too as anon.
    Anonymous

• I also wanted to give you this link http://www.ehow.com/how_2135599_assistance-christmas-family.html I hope it helps. I also wanted to let you know that you are in my prayers.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 6:32 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• I feel for you hun. I have been extremely ill since August and feel so guilty because I can't even take my son to look at Christmas lights, bake cookies and do all of the fun memory making stuff with him because getting out of bed makes me sick for days. Luckily money isn't an issue with us but health can really ruin your spirit. I will pray for a happy and healthy holiday season for you and your family if praying doesn't offend you. Best wishes.
    Anonymous

• Thank you for all your prayers. They really mean alot to me. We've decided to make gingerbread cookies for our friends and family and homemade christman cards. My 6 year old is thrilled! We are going hunting in the woods for a tree to cut down so hopefully we can decorate for christmas! Again, Thank you for listening and answering! Merry Christmas!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:14 AM on Dec. 10, 2009