um HPV aka genital warts

before we were married my husband and I broke up for a year. we were both tested for std's. turns out he now has 3 small bumps on his penis, had them checked recently and yes it's hpv. They were removed yest. Now the dr schooled us on this and said it cld hve been dormant for years. How long until these things are gone?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:46 PM on Dec. 9, 2009 in Health

• I thought men couldnt get checked for HPV. I thought only women could. HPV isnt just warts.
    IF he realy has genital warts then it will NEVER go away. even if he doesnt have a break out he still has the virus.
    IF he gets a break out try to refrain from sex because then you can get it as well. If you are careful you can still not get it.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 3:48 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Never he wil always be a carrier, there is no cure for genital warts---
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 3:50 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 3:50 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• you are right about some of that but he did have an outbreak but it was very tiny! he thgt is was ingrown hairs until I made him get checked. They burned them off with acid! ouch! she said follow up in two weeks for another treatment. They can be removed.
    Anonymous

• Even though they removed them doesn't mean they can't come back. It doesn't matter how small the outbreak is or if they removed them. He will always have it and they can reappear. There is no cure and precautions should always be taken whether they are visible or not. Keep yourself safe. HPV can cause Cervical cancer in women.
    Mom2Dano

Answer by Mom2Dano at 3:58 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• I know thanks! I get checked every year. I have an appt in two weeks.
    Anonymous

• if he has it then you likely have it too...
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 6:38 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• to the first poster, there are different strains of HPV some cause warts other strains are more dangerous.. There are genital warts and then there are strains that affect a womans cervix and can cause cervical cancer (Has also been linked to testicular cancer in males) there is not a test for those strains they can test for the strain that causes warts if warts are visible. Even if they remove the warts it does not mean he isn't "shedding" the virus so he can still pass the virus to you if by some chance you've gotten lucky and haven't been tested for it (Which btw, there is no accurate testing for this strain of warts for male or female so unless you have active lesions you will not know if you have it or not. ). HPV is a shedding virus so that means no matter how careful you are you are still being exposed to it even if you use condoms. Hence the reason it's one of the most common std's
    AngeLnChainZ

Answer by AngeLnChainZ at 6:47 PM on Dec. 9, 2009