Would you consider...

Meeting someone from a dating site, like Match.com or eHarmony? Do you think that's creepy or just normal these days?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:14 PM on Dec. 9, 2009 in Relationships

• i wouldn't do it, but that is because i am paranoyed at what might happen lol i always hear of people that come up missing and things so it so scares me so i wouldn't ever do it
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 4:16 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• ditto, you never know who is on the other side of the computer!
    ILovemyson1020

Answer by ILovemyson1020 at 4:19 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• I met my husband on a social networking site back in 2002. I really liked that it wasn't a dating site so we weren't looking for a relationship at all. Just good conversation and thats what happened. Our interest for each other was born out of great convo! Someone who is wierd typically isn't going to talk to you for months without pushing to meet you. Plus if you meet someone you have the option of only meeting them in public places. I don't know that you couldn't meet a creepy guy in person and not realize he's creepy. I personally wouldn't write off the internet when done wisely.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 4:25 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• normal but be very careful!
    Anonymous

• It's very common, but dangerous. Be extremely careful!
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 4:55 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• I met my husband through Yahoo chat rooms, we talked/chatted for 3 months, then talked on phone for 3 months until we met in person, he spent a week in my area, he moved down a month later, we got engaged 3 months later, and married exactly a year after meeting in person!

I have met a few friends from on-line, but you definitely have to be very careful, meet in a public place for the first few visits, doesn't hurt to even take someone with you, most importantly, use your head, not your heart, if your head says somethings funny, run!!! There are some nice people out there, but there are an equally amount of freaks and perverts!
    Christian-Mom79

Answer by Christian-Mom79 at 5:16 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• I would if i wasnt married.. just meet in a neutral place.. dont let them know where you live and such.. my boss met his girlfriend on one and they have been together for about 8 years now...
    maybebaby83

Answer by maybebaby83 at 5:43 PM on Dec. 9, 2009