Keeping clothing on my son

My son is 4 years old. He will run around the house all day in his underwear. He don't care if it's hot or cold outside. Before you start bashing me Yes I have tried keeping clothes on him but it's useless. I just need some suggestions on how to keep him in clothes.

razorbackfan

Asked by razorbackfan at 4:16 PM on Dec. 9, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• dont feel bad! i think every child goes through it! lol, my son does the SAME thing! and so did my nephews. they are now 8 and 6. my son is 5 and still does it. its nothing bad, just another random stage i think boys go through!
    ILovemyson1020

Answer by ILovemyson1020 at 4:18 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• My 5 year old does the same thing, as soon as we are home, you turn around and his clothes are scattered everywhere! I wish I knew how to stop him, but I've tried everything! I'm at my wits end, if you find a solution, let me know!!!
    Christian-Mom79

Answer by Christian-Mom79 at 5:19 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• We went through a "clothing is required" phase. At specific times you (everybody in the house) must wear clothing: mealtimes are a major one, if you are playing in the main areas of the house (if they didn't mind staying in their rooms, they could stay in undies, but eventually they got hungry or thirsty), or when playing outside. Those are just some examples. We worked up to once clothing was on, it stayed on unless it needed to be changed. Now, the only time my children run around the house naked is before and after bath/shower. It has worked for us, so you might try that.

BTW--I don't have a problem with children running around in undies, but I'm also trying to teach my children modesty as they are getting older.

Hubby and I also follow these rules (not so hard for me), except sometimes after the kids have gone to bed.;-D
    CaLizzyMom

Answer by CaLizzyMom at 5:40 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• My son is 2 1/2 and hardly ever wears clothes when we are inside. Diaper only is what he prefers. If people are coming over or outside, clothes stay on...that is the rule. Otherwise, he will outgrow it eventually!!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 9:59 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• if you find out let me know. My 3 yo is always pantless. LOL> I have finally just given up when we're home during the day. But she knows when the older kids and dad is home she is fully clothed.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 1:10 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• lol...my daughter is 3 and she is the same way...i put jammies on her and she takes them off. If she goes potty, she takes her pants and underwear off and won't put them on....sometimes, I just let her....we keep our home somewhat warm and she doesn't go outside unless she's fully clothed....if his health isn't in danger, sometimes it's just better to let them be.
    CTC7122006

Answer by CTC7122006 at 2:10 PM on Dec. 12, 2009