Are they kidding? Now they're gonna ruin the stuff!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091209/ap_on_bi_ge/us_general_mills_sugar

I like the cereals the way they are.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:24 PM on Dec. 9, 2009 in Food & Drink

• They've already ruined Honey Combs, Apple Jacks and Fruit Loops. Is nothing sacred!?
    benjamink

Answer by benjamink at 4:28 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• It is better for the kids? But they should make both instead of cutting off the one? Anyways I have a 2&3 yr old and I try and keep the from eating a lot of sweets, they arent picky about ceral though.
    babygirl8302006

Answer by babygirl8302006 at 4:31 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• I think the changes are better for kids. But my kids don't eat cereal, I do. I want the taste of my youth lol. But then I remember when Smacks were called Sugar Smacks, and Corn Pops were Sugar Corn Pops lol.
    benjamink

Answer by benjamink at 4:35 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Who cares about the kids? I want my sugar cereals! LOL
    Anonymous

• I disagree I think it's a great thing. These are marketed to kids and with childhood obesity on the rise it's nice to know that some companies are doing something to be socialy responsible.
    mummy22kids

Answer by mummy22kids at 4:49 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Cutting sugar is great for kids yes...but um also for us. lol, how we forget about our own health! Honestly we should just get used to eating foods with less artificial everything from sweetness to flavor. I think its a great thing.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 4:53 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• They've already reformulated all the cereals once - they took out the "sugar" in the names not just because they wanted to sound healthier but because they were replacing most of the sugar with HFCS. Sugar Smacks became false advertising. Changing them again isn't going to change anything. They'll still be 90% filler and the kids still won't care what they taste like, they'll just want the webcode on the back like we used to want the prize in the bottom.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:17 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• It is all about you pallette. You learn to like the taste of things by eating them over time. You can learn to like other things by eating them. I don't care much for the more sugary types of cereals. I do like Cinnamon Toast Crunch though. Occasionally I will eat some of my kid's Cocoa Pebbles, but usually the sweetest I eat is Honey Bunches of Oats or Great Grains.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 5:21 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Oh, the humanity!
    Anonymous

• They will still be loaded with genetically modified grains. There is scary stuff out there

Answer by rkoloms at 8:48 PM on Dec. 9, 2009