how can she not know?

i know this girl who didnt fid out she was preg until she was 5 months how is that pos not to know??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:53 PM on Dec. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Alot of women aren't sick with their pregnancies and thats usually the biggest indicator. Some women also have very irregular periods. And if you have a stomach you're not going to show as quickly as someone with a flat stomach. This happens alot.

MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 4:55 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• some women continue to have periods throughout their pregnancy, also if she already had a belly she may have not known.
    most likely she DID know and was in denial
    cakright

Answer by cakright at 5:01 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Also, most moms don't feel kicks or movement until about 18-24 weeks, so if you have not had other changes it is possible. Not only that but like MamaChamp stated, if you have irregular periods, that is possible to not know either.
    Now those women who go give birth to a full term baby without knowing they are pregnant, I don't understand that at all. My babies moved so much and sometimes it hurt. So I can see not knowing until 5 or so months, but to go full term, I can;t see that.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 5:02 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• My sister-in-law was in denial for her third baby. She totally denied being pregnant and for her she wasn't at all (she still had periods even if light ones, didn't feel the baby moved, almost didn't take any weight ...). Even when labor started she still didn't aknowledge she was pregnant.
    So I'm not surprised by what you explained.
    ajc03

Answer by ajc03 at 5:09 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• My SIL supposedly (supposedly being the BIG word) didnt know she was pregnant and then one day she was REALLY sick and kept passing out so we took her to the hospital to find out that she was (based on an u/s done that day) 28 weeks pregnant and had full blown toximia so they had to do a c-section that day. I think it was denial becuase she was a drug user (the doc straight up asked her "if we test the baby, what will she test dirty for?" and my SIL said meth, pot & alcohol) so I dont think she wanted to give it up so she didnt want to acknowledge that she was pregnant.

BTW... my neice did test positive for Meth but did not suffer any major withdraws and she is now 5 1/2 and besides being VERY small for her age, she is doing great
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 5:22 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• My college roommate didn't know she was pregnant until she delivered, but only because she'd been in a bad car wreck when she was younger and had severe nerve damage that resulted in her not being able to feel anything in her torso. She had maybe 3 periods a year, and the docs told her she'd NEVER be able to carry a baby to term even IF she got pregnant, which was a shot in the dark. She was a bit overweight, and when she put on 15 pounds, she figured it was because of the crappy way we were eating and ignored it. She worked in the college stables, too, exercising the horses daily (riding them for hours a day), right up until the day she unexpectedly delivered in our dorm room. (Freaked me right the hell out!!) Her son ended up being 8 pounds, 9 ounces and perfectly healthy. The father, my roomie's fiancee, was absolutely THRILLED, and insisted on moving up the wedding date.
    debra_benge

Answer by debra_benge at 5:32 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Thats such a great story debra!
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 5:38 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Hello there! I didn't find out I was pregnant until I was 5 months along!! I have never had regular periods, and gained about 10 pounds that I couldn't seem to get rid of. I was going to the doctors it seemed every other week dealing with my PCOS, trying to get my system regulated so that I could conceive. So it turns out that the whole time I was being told that I may never get pregnant, I already was! They found out when I went in for my annual pap. Thought I had a tumor and sent me for an ultrasound. They lady laughed her head off at me. Talk about a shock!! Looking back, I had all the symptoms at one point or other........just to different extents. For instance, I thought I had acid reflux........never puked, just gagged. This went on for a few months. Had extreme lower back pain, but I have that a lot. I had the breast tenderness the last week before I found out. Seriously, I didn't show until 1 week after I found out!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:07 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• I do think its possible to find out late, with my first i didn't find out until i was 12 weeks along, i had what i thought was periods and i don't show early at all, i don't show before 20 weeks and i have a flat stomach normally. It is possible to not have symptoms in the first months, i do have trouble believing those that say they never knew they were pregnant at all, i think its mostly denial in those cases.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 9:30 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• Oh its possible lol. Have you ever seen the show "I didn't know I was pregnant"? Lol watch that. Some women never produce any symptoms of pregnancy while others produce every symptom. So it's totally possible. Not every pregnancy is the same.
    Cierra-Jade

Answer by Cierra-Jade at 7:12 PM on Dec. 10, 2009