looking to buy teacup poodle puppy

I'm looking to buy teacup poodle puppy for x-mas. if anyone knows where i can buy teacup poodle, please let me know. thanks

jellie746

Asked by jellie746 at 4:57 PM on Dec. 9, 2009 in Pets

• I don't, but I just wanted to add that they are SUPER sweet dogs, good choice.
    Anonymous

• TEACUPS are not a real breed dog. They are poorly bred, genetically messed up versions of regular breeds. What they do is take the runts from litters of Mini Poodles and breed them with other runts from other litters. Do just a quick google search and you will see what I mean. Teacups are not a real breed. Many do not live past 2 years because they are sickly. Please do not support this horrible breeding trend.
    Anonymous

• http://www.barkrescue.net/teacup.htm
    Anonymous

• i'm sure you can find some in shelters. i've had a few in mine. this is one of those "breeds" that people think are cute, then ditch, because they have so many problems due to poor and irresponsible breeding.

and whoever said they aren't a breed, CORRECT. they are MONEY. people "make up" new breeds all the time just so they can get a quick buck from an uneducated potential buyer. i suggest throughly looking into this before you get the dog.
    shecallsmemom04

Answer by shecallsmemom04 at 9:30 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Shecallsmemom and Anon @ 6:47 PM I love you both!!! You took the words right out of my mouth. Please will you marry me?

OP if you want a puppy wait until after Christmas, there will be plenty of dogs wasting away in shelters because the Christmas Novelty of having a puppy has worn off. Do your research before you get a dog.

To add to both posts, there are several T-cup poodles that come from puppy mills. They are bred heat after heat, the pups are taken away at 6 weeks old so mom goes into heat sooner. Then, they're sold to pet stores where unsuspecting victims get a dog that fits in with the latest dog breed trend without knowing it will most likely have a TON of medical issues that most of the population can't afford to fix.

Get a real breed and go to a reputable breeder or shelter to do it.
    Acid

Answer by Acid at 9:57 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• Anon with the website. I visited it, awesome article about T-fakes....but did you look at the rest of the site? It is absolutely heartbreaking what people will do to an animal.
    Acid

Answer by Acid at 10:06 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• Standard or miniature poodles are by far easier to train and are smarter dogs, and healthier as a whole than anything bred down to 3 or 4 lbs within the breed. If you're interested in a tea-cup sized dog that is realtively hypoallergenic, you might look for a bichon frise. You'll be more likely to find a reputable breeder too.

Bichon Frise:

Group: Non-sporting
    Use Today: Companion
    Life Span: 12-15 years
    Color: White with cream and apricot shadings permissible.
    Grooming: Frequent bathing and daily brushing. Professional grooming may be required.
    Height: 12 inches or less at the shoulder.
    Weight: Male: 11-16 lbs, Female: 10-15 lbs

I would look for a breeder on DogChannel.com. I subscribe to DogFancy magazine, and they most generally have pretty reputable breeders. I even found a bichon breeder who has 30 yrs experience.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 1:06 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• they're curly and just as cute!
    matobe

• I agree with Anon, Shecallsmemom, and Acid. Poodles are great dogs but never trust a "breeder" selling teacup anything. A lot of time when they are breeding for the teeacups they are breeding runts or a differant breed entirely to get the size.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 4:22 PM on Dec. 11, 2009