Has anyone heard of or dealt w/a company called Feedback Plus. I think they are a mystery shopper company. They sent me a email asking me to join. I have to go and pay for a meal at a particular restaurant, answer some questions and then get paid. I would really like to know if this is a hoax.

You have to sign up with this company and set up a paypal account and give them your birthday.

Pinkney

Asked by Pinkney at 5:30 PM on Dec. 9, 2009 in Money & Work

• While you DO have to often buy something up front, and are then reimbursed either a portion of your purchase, or the entire amount (depends on the assignment) or service, upon completing the questionnaire as per the company's requirements.

The question I have is, do you already have Mystery Shopping experience? Do you understand what a Mystery Shopper is? And more importantly, what would your reimbursement be, and what are you being asked to purchase? If you really want to get into this kind of work, you should really start here:  http://www.mysteryshop.org/

This company is reputable (I became certified through them 4 years ago and work with one of the companies they recommended), and will help you find reputable comanies to "shop" for, as well as help you determine if a shop is legitimate or not!

:o)

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:54 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• do not do it!
    Anonymous

• I do tons of mystery shopping. Everything from restaurants to retail shops. It's for real and a great way to make a little cash as long as you can spare the upfront cost of paying for the shop.
    spbeta

Answer by spbeta at 5:57 PM on Dec. 9, 2009