Any thoughts on nipple stimulation, to induce labor??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:36 PM on Dec. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• wow you really wanna have this kid!!! Just read your post under induction. If you wanna start you contractions get up & get moving, walk walk walk
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 5:39 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Just let labor start when it is time for it. I don't know why this comes up all the time. I had three kids and the last month was awful, mostly with the third baby,but I knew it was better to just let nature take its course. But if you HAVE to, have sex. Oh well.....Good luck.
    Anonymous

• Nyx7 Walking doesnt really START labor, it helps it pick up if you are already contracting. Nipple stimulation can actually cause contractions so she is right to at least want to try that.

OP I havent seen it work very much but I know that if you stall in your labor at our local birth center, they stick you on a breast pump to start the contractions again. I feel like if your body isnt ready then nothing will work. So go for it if you want but dont be discouraged if you dont have a good outcome
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 5:47 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Nipple stimulation has to be done for like 3 hours though...kind of tiresome, imo unless you or your man just love your nipples that much. Lol, have sex.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 5:49 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• acupuncutre works I have been told-and sex. Walking WILL speed up dilation if you are already dilated. I am 36 weeks pregnant and when I walk awhile I am hit with terribly painful Braxton Hicks-yet they go away and I am no where near dilation. I will not try to cause labor YET-but if I am still this miserable by next week-I told my husband to get ready for lots of action! LOL
    flowermom76

Answer by flowermom76 at 6:11 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Nipple stimulation works! I have 4 kids, and I did it with 2 of them and they came out great. walking does nothing but make you sleepy, I did it all the way to the hospital and kept doing it under my gown after they put me on the monitor, it works. The big ball is a waste of time also.
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 7:10 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Intercourse worked very well for me. My boyfriend made sure I had several strong orgasms.. less than 3 hours later I went into active labor
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 9:44 PM on Dec. 9, 2009