For moms who have chosen to not vacinate their children...

This question is for the moms who have chosen to not vacinate their children. I am not looking for any type of bashing, so please, keep those comments to yourself because it wont change my mind. My daughter is going on 18 months old, and I have recently decided that I dont want to vacinate her. She hasnt had any shots since she was 9 months old. How did your doctors respond to you telling them no? How do you go about doing it? Do you have to sign stuff? She doesnt attend daycare at this time, so I dont have to worry about that kind of stuff yet. Mainly, just dealing with the doctor. We moved, so I have to pick a doctor for her still so I just wanted some advice on that aspect.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:39 PM on Dec. 9, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Join the "Choosing not to Vaccinate" group. You'll get GREAT answers there. :)
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 5:44 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• All you can really do is tell them you choose not to vax. They will tell you why you should, like all docs its their job. I let my doc know that I am fully informed about it all and this is what I want for my child. Luckly my doc is fine with whatever I want. It may take a few different docs to find one that wont lecture you everytime you go. Good Luck!
    devo3

Answer by devo3 at 5:46 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• You tell your doctor you choose not to vaccinate and if they try to force you to vaccinate you find another pediatrician who lets you make the choices. Simple as that. Even though I vaccinate my son his doctor asks me each time if I want to do whatever vaccination he is due for at the time and never once has pushed it on us.
    AngeLnChainZ

Answer by AngeLnChainZ at 5:48 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• The dr. who I took my little girl to last is sort of ok with not vaccinating. First she tried to tell me she needs to get caught up for school. (she's 2) I told her she's not going to be getting any. Then she tried to tell me the schools wouldn't accept her. I said we use the philosophical exemption. lol. Eh, doesn't bother me any. Really it's just an annoyance anymore.
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 5:49 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• go ahead & spread diseases around if it makes u feel like a better mom for some weird reason
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 5:53 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• PURPUL:

do some research, and not one sided research either.
    devo3

Answer by devo3 at 5:55 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Oh PURPUL - how uninformed you are.
    Speak to some vaccine injured children and see if you feel the same way. Speak with a parent who has lost their child to "SIDS" that was caused by a vaccine. (sigh)
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 5:57 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• I have actually done selective vaccination. I have just done a research paper for a class and I chose to do it on the cons of vaccinating. Knowing what I know now I wouldn't have done any to begin with. If you want a copy of my paper I would be happy to send it to you. You don't really need to vaccinate if you don't want to. You should call peds in your area and ask if they do selective vaccination or delayed vaccinations. If they don't then they won't be open to your child not having any at all. In my experience working in peds they have discharged patients from the practice for not vaccinating. I wish you luck.
    coala

Answer by coala at 6:06 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Purpul: I didnt ask this question to turn it into a debate. Obviously you cant help but to spread your negativity. If you would have read the question, it was to the moms who have chosen not to vaccinate.
    Anonymous

• I decided to selectively vaccinate, my PiC (partner in crime, dd) is 7 mo old & we just finished her 6 mo shots. Not only did I decide against certain vaccines for now (prevnar & hep b) I will not be giving her some of the ones when she gets older (mmr). I also didn't vaccinate nor will I against H1N1 or the flu. I talked w/ my ped ahead of time bout this to make sure its gonna be a non issue. Look for some all nat, mom & pop buisnesses in the area & check w/ them to see if they know any non vacs friendly drs. Do your research ahead of time so when you're questioned you can give a great answer that'll shut em up. Good for you for deciding what's best for your kid. Check out some of the green living groups too, lots of non vaccinating moms there too.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 6:09 PM on Dec. 9, 2009