How do I get these feelings under control?

I feel like I want to cry every day. I hate the life that I have. I love my kids but more often than not I don't want to be anywhere near them. I love my boyfriend, but his moodiness is not making things any better. I feel hopeless and depressed. I wish that I could talk to someone about how I feel, but I am afraid that if I do that they will take away my kids. I need them! I know that without them I would just say to hell with it all and end this life. I don't want pity! I don't want anyone to tell my to see a doctor either! I need practical advice in a "from home" kind of way. What do I do?!?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:39 PM on Dec. 9, 2009 in Health

• You need to get out even if your kids has to come along with you. I'm a SAHM and at times it's hard to deal with being needed all the time. When I feel down and out I pack my little guy up and head to the nearest park so, we can eat lunch. Have your BF to watch your kidO's and take a really long hot bath with music and candles and lock the door. Have a glass of wine while you wait for your facial to dry. You just need "Your" time and it's only human to feel the need to escape at times. Feel free to drop me line.
    goldielock37

Answer by goldielock37 at 5:46 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• This sounds like depression and really the only way to work thru it is to see a cousilor. Sorry, I know you didn't want to hear that. They can help you deal with your issues and help you figure out how to handle the emotions. They will not take your kids away from you...you are actively seeking help. You may need medication for a hormone imbalance and there is no "home remedy" for that.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 5:42 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• My husband takes an herbal supplement St johns Wort and it helps him, 6 pills a day though, there is also another supplement called Same' ... otherwise you will need to take some personal actions and steps to get better, things to turn better by themselves. Read some self help books, cognitive therapy reads, "pretend" to be happy sometimes works on my bad days. I have depression and anxiety and social phobia so I know how you are feeling,... make sure you aren't making your kids suffer because you are unhappy though..... talk to your boyfriend or try to get out of that situation.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:47 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Hi :) I'll talk to u about it sometimes I get under bouts of depression. Most importantly if you dont want to see a dr talk about it, it is just sometimes better or e\asier to talk to somebody else rather than family, or boyfriends/ husbands.
    babygirl8302006

Answer by babygirl8302006 at 5:49 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Lots of people are hating life right now, many are unemployed & homeless. The stress of the economic situation isn't helping anybody's relationship. Sit down & make a list of all the things that make you unhappy. How can you change them? Talk to your bf & express to him whatever it is that's frustrating you, tell him how his moods are affecting you. Take time every day to do something fun, for yourself & with your family. Take that time to put out of your mind all the adult stuff that's weighing you down. Try to see the experience thru your kids eyes & enjoy it.
    If you've been feeling this way for awhile you need to see your dr & discuss pmdd & rx options, once your brain chemistry drops you need help getting it back to normal. As long as you don't threaten to hurt yourself or your kids they won't take your kids from you. The only way the can is if the kids are being abused. GO TALK TO SOMEONE!!!!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 5:51 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• It sounds like you are taking care of the kids and boyfriend and just trying to deal with everyday life and all the things that come with it like stress, bills etc. etc. so you put yyourself on the back burner, make time in the morning to take care of yourself do something with your hair put on some make up. My Dr. told me to try and get away from the house the kids husband and just take a 30 minute fast walk five times a week. Sometimes we have to take care of ourselves before we take care of everyone else, cuz trying to deal with pressure that is all around us, weather it's trying to be a supermom, a great wife etc. etc. we tend to forget about our self and work yourself into the ground, then you feel like you hit a dead end in life, take care of yourself first momma housework and everything else will always be there but your health won't be. Good luck and God bless

looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 5:55 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• make a list of things that are good about your life, focus on the positive.
    healthy kids
    food to eat
    a warm home
    etc
    cakright

Answer by cakright at 6:03 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Talk to anyone... even if it is online. I get that way a lot... though it was the worst when I had delayed PPD (my ds2 was 8mos and up) and pregnant with ds3 (antepartum depression, i think, and ds2 was 14 mo when ds3 was born) and it didnt go away until ds3 was 3 months old.

I would just cry. Just cry... that will start helping you feel better... then go give your kids a hug and hold them tight... remind yourself why you're here.
    MunchiesMom324

Answer by MunchiesMom324 at 7:08 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• My advice IS to go to a therapist, it WILL help. Been there, done that, and also think I need to go back.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 7:23 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• I would reccommend sitting down and think about what makes you happy & and does not. Focus on what makes you happy. Then figure out what you need or dont need in your life right now. Confront any overdue issues. Do little pleasures for yourself and kids each day. Try to think about the simple things in life. One motto that helps we is "Go with the flow" but work on keeping the emotions in contrast with reality.
    Amberoz

Answer by Amberoz at 1:21 AM on Dec. 10, 2009