Diarrhea

DD has had a 3 bouts of diarrhea today. This is very unusual for her. She doesn't have a fever, she doesn't act sick, she says her belly doesn't hurt. Everything is "normal" minus the diarrhea.

Is there anything that I might have just in my kitchen that might solid up her poop?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:41 PM on Dec. 9, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• BRAT diet...bananas, rice, applesauce, toast
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 5:43 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• I have recently talked to the dr about something like this, diarrhea is the bodys way of getting rid of something in the body. I would just let it run its course, I myself know it is aggrevating as hell to change diapers that are nothing but diarrhea. My sone just a few days ago ate like 3-4 granola bars, I swear it wouldnt stop, and thats what caused it. but after a day or so it stopped and he was fine again.
    babygirl8302006

Answer by babygirl8302006 at 5:45 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• A caution to babygirl's reply, if they go over 1-2 days, they run the risk of dehydration. Be sure to push fluids and callt he doc if it doesn't stiffen up after 48 hours.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 5:47 PM on Dec. 9, 2009