Before I get bashed for this I am only venting.....

Would someone offer to help out someone else with the holiday for their family and then completely disappear?? If you had a change of heart why not just open your mouth and say something??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:23 PM on Dec. 9, 2009 in Holidays

• I agree, it's rude and irresponsible but some people don't know how to deal. Sorry.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 6:29 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• My sister did that to me for my baby shower. She told me she'd throw it, but when it came time she had been really sick for a while. I told her over and over and over that if it was too much for her that I would handle the arrangements. She said no, that she would. I did the invitations, my mom and I did the food and the cake and the decorations. My sister showed up late and illprepared. She did have some games planned, but they weren't very well thought out and it was kind of a trainwreck. I still wonder why she didn't just bow out when I offered. She had a really good reason... she had been REALLY sick. I dunno, I guess people just change their minds and don't want to tell you to your face.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 6:55 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• i have learned in life alot of people say things...to be comforting....but never expect you to follow thru on their "comfort offer" ...the old saying "if you need anything let us know" is more cliche these days...because people say it and at the time they want to help but when it comes down to it either they cant or dont want to...i am sorry they did this....
    Anonymous

• ...the old saying "if you need anything let us know" is more cliche these days...because people say it and at the time they want to help but when it comes down to it either they cant or dont want to

Nope; they smartened up and now-a-days they say "I'm here for you" - how's that for non-commital???
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:26 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• That is why if someoneoffers to help us I am happy but I dont get my hopes completely up
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:15 AM on Dec. 10, 2009