How can I get my 7 mounth old to sleep in her crib all night?

So my daughter has been sleeping in her crib ever since she was born. Recently she has not been doing so well. She wakes up screaming or the minute I lay her down she awakes screaming. She will not stay asleep in her crib. I have tried everything I can think of from letting her cry to rocking her and laying her down over and over. I am exhausted!

littlefoot828

Asked by littlefoot828 at 6:42 PM on Dec. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Good luck!! None of my kids were good sleepers and then out pop twins who both sleep like little angels...Is she teething?? 7 months would be about right for that I think...What does she do if you let her cry it out?? If she hasn't fallen asleep maybe you're not letting her go long enough...and I know they say to check ont hem every 5-10 minutes but with all my babies they might be calming down as soon as they see mom they're right back to full force screaming again.
    feloniousbelle

Answer by feloniousbelle at 7:09 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• i started letting her sleep in the bed until she is asleep and then put her in the crib. but there times that she doesn;t sleep all night in the crib and part of the night she is with us. other times all time in the crib. each child is different. what i also try to do is stroke her head and just calmly talk to her until her eyes are very heavy and then take the hand away and then stay for a minut and just slowly move towards the door. sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt. but teething can be tough time too. good luck
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 7:36 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Tough love!!! CIO and you have to be consistent about it. With my DS it took 2 weeks before he finally got the idea that mom wasnt going to request him so he finally just goes to sleep. If there teething it can make it harder but you just need to be tough put her down let her cry for 5-10 minutes go back in touch her face say I love you lay her back down and leave 10 min. go check on her if she is still crying and repeat for as many nights as necessary. Like I said it took my DS 2 weeks, but if you can be tough mom for that period of time you can do anything!! GL
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 9:13 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• We sleep together at night and we all get sleep. During the day she'll sleep in a sling or baby chair or floor wherever i happen to be. I would never CIO. If you don't want to same bed s\he can be in the same room. Idon't like to sleep alone and i don't expect babies to either especially at that age..
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 10:20 AM on Dec. 10, 2009