What does your man mean when he wants to see the house spotless?

I clean as often as I can when I can and still he tells me I should have the house somewhat clean. I try lord knows I try and yes sometimes I do slack off like get up get the kids ready for school then maybe go back to sleep for a couple of hours and then get up and do some cleaning or what ever needs to be done.

He makes me feel like I am worthless with the way he says things though he doesn't say it often when he does get in his little moods OMG shut up already...he is always complaining how unorganized I am. He tries to help but it is all a front I guess just to get me started. How clean is your home for your man?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:04 PM on Dec. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Personally, between working full time and taking care of my baby, I don't have the time to keep the house spotless. Fortunately my SO doesn't really care about it, but if he did say something, I'd tell him if he wanted the house spotless, to get off his lazy ass and do it himself, heh.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 7:08 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• my hubby wouldnt say he wanted the house spotless. i barely havr time for the minimal stuff.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 7:10 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Mine doesn't say anything but I work fulltime also & he gets to come home & sit on his ass & not help at all so if he would complain I'd just tell him to get up & do it his self cuz I'm tired to. But when I do have days off I like to play on Cafemoms & I will be here most of the day.
    Anonymous

• It means that he needs to take over the housecleaning responsibilities so he can understand what "spotless" means! If you have kids, spotless will probably never happen and that should be ok. As long as things are picked up, is it that important?
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 7:17 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• when my husband wants the house "spotless" he does himself because he does'nt think i do it to his great standards..like his mother...so i let him have at it.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:21 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• It means he wants a wife thats for too tired for sex.
    Anonymous

• my SO isn't the kind of person to say anything like that. but the house is rarely every messy... my standard, not his. i can't sleep with dishes in a sink... lol

my ex was horrible, would stand over me while i got on my hands and knees and scrubbed the floors, did laundry, vacuumed, cleaned the windows (inside & out)... he was incredibly horrid, and bless it if i didn't do it right the first time, he would smear dirt, axle grease, or even S**t on whatever i had cleaned... then i would get to do it all over again.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 7:34 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Tell him to hire a maid if it is not up to his standards.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:43 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• If he wants it spotless then he needs to clean more. My house is clean but never as clean as I want it you do the best you can.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 7:48 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• damn we have some divas in here!
    i clean all the dishes, clean off all the counters, go clean the bathroom, make sure our room is clean, nothing on the floor in the living area, and then spray air fresh to make the house smell sweet.
    i am a sahm, so the house never gets dirty, so when i do clean it only takes 10-20minutes.
    _mimimosley_

Answer by _mimimosley_ at 7:59 PM on Dec. 9, 2009