Have you ever noticed how some people on p.a. are ungratefull? NO bashing..

i was at the dhs office about a week ago..i was applying for medicaid...and i noticed there was so many people that were angry for having to wait or didnt get more money or food stamps or whatever...there were people cussing at the workers..and throwing fits like little kids...i couldnt help but think how ungrateful they were for the help they were receiving...i personally and thankful for it...since my divorce and now being a single working mom going back to school...i would not be able to make it with out daycare,food, and medicaid assistance for the kids...what do you think? do people act like they deserve the help? do they not realize that the government does not have to help but they are? i duno it just hit me wrong.....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:08 PM on Dec. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• We live in a society where even thinks they are "entitled". This country and the people in it, are changing, for the worse.
    Anonymous

• We are all human. Waiting for a long period of time (especially with a toddler or young child in tow) can be taxing on anyone (even people on public assistance!!). We all get frustrated at times, and say things we later regret. I remember having to wait for at least an hour for a medicaid appointment (a few years ago I think). It was cold in the waiting room, there were kids running around and bumping into my chair, it was noisy, etc. I'm sure I did a little complaining and grumbling. But it doesn't mean I was ungrateful for the help I received. Try not to jump to conclusions so quickly.

:-)
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 7:58 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• i agree as well. with 7:11
    snoober_k

Answer by snoober_k at 7:59 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• I agree completely. I have seen many people on PA have a sense of 'entitlement' they feel we (the tax payer) owe them everything.

This is NOT everyone on PA. There are those who truly need some assistance TEMPORARILY to get back on their feet, or people who are TRULY disabled.

But lots of people take advantage of the system! It is infuriating. They don't TRY to go out and get a job, at a gas station, mc donalds or anything!

It keeps people like my family from being able to get anything at all when needed. Case in point::: Last year, my husband was laid off for 5 months. We applied for PA for food, medical and utilities. We did NOT qualify for ANYTHING --- his unemployment was too much and I am a SAHM! I'm sorry, his unemployment was less than $300/week... and that was too much?? It is so infuriating! The case worker actually suggested to us that we get DIVORCED so I and our son would qualify! I was OUTRAGED!
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 10:20 PM on Dec. 9, 2009