Is he EVER going to sleep in???

So my 15 month old has never in his entire LIFE slept past 6am. He goes to sleep at 7:45pm every night. I tried putting him to bed later, earlier, nothing seems to make any difference. 6am, and he's up and at 'em. I would REALLY love a little extra time in the morning!

Tell me eventually this will get better. I'm so sick of hearing other moms telling me "oh, my son/daughter sleeps till 10am if I'd let him/her!" Grrr...

Anouck

Asked by Anouck at 7:14 PM on Dec. 9, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I hate to tell ya, but that may just be how he is. My son who is now 5 is the exact same way. It doesn't matter when he goes to bed, or what he does to tire his little but out. He is up at the same time everyday. Sometimes earlier than usual. I think the only time he really slept in was when he had strep throat. My daughter on the other hand is 6 months and she likes to sleep in. Sometimes she will fight going to bed. But for her staying up later, means that she will sleep later. Wierd isn't it? W/ my son tho, (I know yours is too young for this, but just a thought for later) we put a digital clock in his room and let him know that he can get up out of bed at 7 on the weekends. He will lay in bed and read a book til that time. Has worked out great for us. Hang in there.
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 7:19 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Just be grateful it isn't 4 or 5 am!! :)
    campeno

Answer by campeno at 7:20 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• I think it's different for each kid. My older son very rarely ever sleeps in. He's up between 630-7am like clock work.
    But my younger son would gladly sleep in if DS1 would let him.
    They are 5 and almost 4.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 7:21 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• I honestly can't wait for the day I can tell him "here's a clock, until it says 7am, don't bother me", heh.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 7:28 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• my son is the same way though for him it is usually 7am but lately it has been 6am although this morning I got lucky and he slept in till 820!! maybe try putting darker drapes on his window so the sun doesn't wake him...
    8firsttimemom8

Answer by 8firsttimemom8 at 8:30 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Have your hubby give you one sleep in day a week (where he takes care of the kid in the morning and lets you sleep) for your own sanity...and you do the same for him.

Then it won't matter how long it takes for him to grow out of it - you'll still be a sane person who gets to sleep in once in a while.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 10:38 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• 8firsttimemom8, we already have black-out shades in his room, so it's not the light waking him up... Strange thing is, even with the time difference, he still got up at 6am, heh. It's bizarre...

Mogencreative, I get to sleep in on Sundays, even though I usually still get up around 8am or so. The rest of the week, it's all me, unfortunately. He's a chef and works a late shift, so he usually sleeps until 10am or so, way after I've left for work. I really don't mind getting up in the morning, but for some reason that 30 minutes difference between 6am and 6:30am (at which point I have to get up anyway) really makes a WORLD of difference!
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 11:08 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• He'll sleep in when he's a teen. Then... it's time for revenge! Bwahahahaha!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:03 AM on Dec. 10, 2009