What should I be feeding my 1 year old?

My son turned 1 in November and I usually feed him whatever we have. His dad makes me feel really bad about me giving him french fries and pizza. Its not what he has everyday, and it isnt the only thing I give him. Tonight we had pizza and I cut up some for him and gave it to him and his dad said, you are gonna die at an early age and its all your moms fault. Is it really that bad for him to have those kinds of foods once a week or so?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:18 PM on Dec. 9, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My DH and I eat pretty good so my DD typically eats what we eat. If we have pizza for dinner so does she....and she loves pizza.
    Anonymous

• You should all be eating a balanced diet, filled with fruits, vegetables, whole grains and legumes. Send me a message offlist if you would like meal or recipe ideas. Or you can go to your local library and pick up a book on feeding babies and toddlers, like Super Baby Food: www.superbabyfood.com

Answer by rkoloms at 7:41 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Yeah, feed your kid the same things you eat (cut up)...and overall make sure you're getting a balanced diet.

Pizza every now and again is fine.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 8:21 PM on Dec. 9, 2009