Pagan Sisters

Do you celebrate Yule and a secular Christmas?
That's what we do and I have one simple gift for my boys (only with their permission) and for my husband. I don't really want to wrap them in Christmas paper. Do you wrap your Yule gifts? Or how do you give, or present your gift to it's receiver?

outstandingLove

Asked by outstandingLove at 7:19 PM on Dec. 9, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I am going to do a small Yule gift for my boys... it will be placed near their dinner plates ... and wrapped in gold paper...
    But since my dh is not of the Pagan paths nor is my gs, their gifts are more from my heart to them than pagan related...
    This will be the first time that I am doing something special on Yule involving my boys too...

As for Christmas that is celebrated as a family thing... fun, food and family gatherings all at my home....
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 9:04 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• We do both, yes.

I think we are going to do one gift on Yule(probably not wrapped)and then their other gift on Christmas(probably wrapped).

We dont have specific traditions yet so its a changing process LOL.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 8:13 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• We do both as well, because my DH is Christian.

I wrap everything in silver paper with ribbon, never anything Christmassy or even specifically winter... I find the plain beauty to be much for lovely than printed paper!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:00 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Little gifts for each of the 12 days are unwrapped, and start on the 16th (though I cheated and gave him one tonight). Regular presents under the tree, etc etc are wrapped, on the 24th, since the ones he's getting from other family are Christmas gifts, that's when he opens them. He's too young for blot, so that's after he goes to bed and his presents are just presents.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:29 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• DD is only 21 months so we only really do secular X-mas with the extended families. Debating about whether or not to do the "Santa" thing when she's 3-4-5-6...

When she's older..Menarche or better...if she so chooses...I'll include her in Yule.
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 9:53 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• I do both. Xmas is all about the kids, spending time with the family, the feasting, and the gifts.

Yule is a time of worship for me. I don't usually exchange Yule gifts, although this year I will be presenting my eldest daughter with her first pentacle. I won't wrap it, but we'll probably do something special to cleanse and charge it.

Guinhyvar

Answer by Guinhyvar at 10:19 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• We do both holidays. Yule for us, and then Christmas for the MIL. I wrap our gifts in secular holiday paper, and we give ours out on Yule. Then on Christmas, MIL comes over and gives hers, then we eat. It's pretty secular over all.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 1:29 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• Plain gift wrap instead of christmasy stuff. Use the color comics from the sunday paper as wrapping. Use a gift bag and tissue paper (which would mean having to hide it somewhere good in order to keep them from peeking!!).
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 7:13 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• why does it matter..you are celebrating christmas just in a different way..its wrapping paper
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:27 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• because the items i am giving are not toys or electronics etc.
    They are altar tools. Items with the soul purpose of assisting in magickal workings. the majority of Pagans who practice magick treat their tools and other magick related items a little differently then the rest of their possessions.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 7:49 PM on Dec. 9, 2009