Who has lost someone that they love to Cancer?

I just lost my mother a week ago due to lung cancer. It is still hitting me hard. Ive tried everything to keep my mind occupied so i wouldnt be thinking about it. I was so close to her. I was up there in her room everyday that she was in the nursing home. I miss her so bad. I swear if it wasnt for my kids i dont know what i would do...I dont guess i would be here. I WANT MY MOM BACK SO BAD!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:25 PM on Dec. 9, 2009 in Health

• First of all I am so sorry about the recent loss of your mom and all the emotions that go along with it please find someone locally to talk to it helps a lot most nursing homes or Hospice have grief couselors(sp?) to help you work through all the emotions that you are feeling and don't be afraid to cry scream rant(trust me I still do and my parents have both have passed within the last 5 years).Stay Strong and well.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 7:34 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Ohmygoodness.... you just reminded me that I dreamed about my grandpa in the nap I just woke up from! He died of cancer about 4 years ago. In my dream I was so happy to see him, and I hugged him and said, "i like you so much." Because I know life is short and you gotta tell people these things.

So sorry about your mom. I lost my dad when I was a kid, and that feeling of wanting them back is so strong. It passes, but you always miss them.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 7:40 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Im so sorry that you have lost your mother. Definately talk to someone about how you are feeling and what is going on. I lost my Grandpa in October to Stage 4 Lung Cancer...he lived less than 6 months after the diagnosis and it was heartbreaking to see what he endured at the end (and how much my family fought and bitched about the stupidest things that were not important at the time).
    Anonymous

• Yes, I lost my father in 2005, it still feels yesterday, I lost my dads mom in 2003, my moms dad last year, and my cousin is still fighting and we are waiting to find out if my sister has it. Trust me I scream and cry about it alot, but it gets easier I guess, never goes away the pain I mean, but it gets bareable. Goodluck and if you need to talk pm me.
    BusyBeesmom

Answer by BusyBeesmom at 7:47 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• I lost my mom to cancer at the end of senior year in highschool and my father inlaw about 19 years ago. When my mother died, I hated being home because the house felt very empty and sad, so I barely ever went home and instead stayed at releatives houses. The holidays felt very lonely and sad, my mother was one that made the holidays and birthdays so special. My father was still alove, but he was very quiet and not supportive to us. Alls I can say is that it does get better as the years go by, I still miss her and think about her and our happy holidays together. I don't feel so sad anymore, instead they are happy memories and I smile just thinking about them and how lucky I was to have been raised by such a selfless and kind person.
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 8:14 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• yes.

both my grandparents, my great aunt, an uncle, an aunt. 2 cousins.

and my FIL 3 years ago the 29th to brain cancer.

the pain never goes away it just gets a bit more bearable.

prayers and hugs to you.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 8:17 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• I'm sorry op mommy!!!! I lost an an aunt inlaw two years ago to kidney cancer that spread - we talked several times every times every single day since I met her then 27 years ago!!!!! And my mil died of pancreatic cancer some time before that. I had such a great good loving relationship with each of them too. I know what you mean. Years later for each I randomly stop and just say WHERE ARE YOU. Write yourself pages of love from them and to them. One part laughing hysterically funny memories no matter what the topic was. Another part can be remembrances of their kindness to you to others known and unknown. Another part yet could be your love specifically expressed to your mom and even other loved ones.

More memories of laugh will come to you to tell your little ones and the world. Your pain won't go away don't demand it too. Your pain will ease time will soften it. Let a hug to you by you help ease you. Love to u.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 8:30 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• My father to kidney cancer which spread to bone cancer, 5 months after it was found. I was 19.
    Anonymous

• Sorry for the loss of your mother. My mother died of cancer in the liver when she was only 45 yrs old. I was 18, and we were 6 males, 2 females (brothers and sisters). As a matter of fact, she died on Thanksgiving Day 39 years ago. When she died, no one was married (any brothers, me or my sister)... and she died asking for grandchildren. Because of that, I did not wanted to be a grandmother.... but I am. My youngest son has 1 girl 1 boy. At the beginning it was very hard to accept her death, because my youngest brother was only 5 yrs. Nowadays, we remember her with the same love... even a childhood friend of mine still remember her... and the good things that she left on her memory.... Ask God to give you strength to live day by day.... just remembering her and the time you share with her....
    adita1152

Answer by adita1152 at 9:02 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• I am so sorry about the loss of your Mom. My prayers are with you. I know how you feel. We found out on Sept 17th that my Mom had stage 4 lung cancer. We thought she had had a stroke but after running lots of test they found 7 tumors in her brain and started looking for the cancer. She lived exactly one month after her diagnose. I still miss her so much. She died her at home on hospice. If you ever need someone to talk to feel free to send me a PM.
    livnbyfaith

Answer by livnbyfaith at 10:33 PM on Dec. 9, 2009