How many of you got pregnant right after you stopped trying to NOT get pregnant?

Both times that I've stopped trying to not get pregnant (forgot birth control), I got pregnant right afterwards. Unfortunately I misscarried the last baby at 13 weeks. That was almost 6 months ago & I feel like I'm ready to try again next month. I'm scared that since I'm going to actually TRY to get pregnant this time that it won't happen. I have an OV watch & saved a whole thing on how to have a girl. You know, girls last longer, boys are quicker & all that stuff haha.

I'm just worried that I'm going to get so excited when January comes & I'm just in for a big let down when I get a negative test. I've never planned on getting pregnant before & now it seems like all this pressure. I would just kind of let things happen, but I want a girl so bad. Any advice?

ours

Asked by ours at 7:26 PM on Dec. 9, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• TTC adds alot of undue stress. When we were TTC number 2 we always got a negative. I was fed up and stopped TTC and just had fun with it and not too long after that, we got our BFP!!!!
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 7:59 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Both times my dh and I stopped trying to concieve, I got pregnant... My dd was six months old when I concieved her baby brother, he was more of a bcp didnt work right.
    Trinity0820

Answer by Trinity0820 at 8:16 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• I just found out that I'm pregnant. I had to have gotten pregnant about a month ago (still haven't seen a doctor.. just found out like this morning!) I had stopped taking my birth control in early Nov.. so less than a month?
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 9:47 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• I know this is going to sound kooky and you can look it up if you want but the moon goes through certain phases every couple of days and some are female and some are male. According to this theory, if you conceive in a male phase in a full moon, you have a good chance of having a boy. For a girl then in a girl phase and a new moon. There is also the Jonas Method (theory). Ah, I've done so much research on that stuff. I desperately want a girl also after losing my dd due to stillbirth at 39wks5d. I couldn't wait 6 months though. We lost her 4 months ago and I'm 6wks right now but I have fertility probs.

There are ways to "try" to have a girl and I tried a lot of them just to say I tried everything I could but there are no guarantees. But I'm a control freak. Just do what you can and hope for the best either way! www.in-gender.com (you can find the moon theory under the gender prediction forum) Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• I quit trying to conceive and worrying about but still not pregnant. I think that theory works if you don't have too many things working against you medically, and that stress if the cause of not getting pregnant.
    Pumelo

Answer by Pumelo at 1:37 AM on Dec. 10, 2009