Is there any low income or free christmas tree programs?

I have just moved and haven't found a job yet. I was wondering if there are any programs offered.

helmeci

Asked by helmeci at 7:29 PM on Dec. 9, 2009 in General Parenting

• You want a FREE Christmas tree?!
    Anonymous

• Dude; I KNOW about $$ being tight; but honestly we got a fairly decent pre-lit tree from Wal-Mart for $20. Ask a parent or friend to loan you a twenty spot! Geez
    Anonymous

• here you go!

christmas tree

Anonymous

• Watch Craigslist for your area. I know in my area there were ads all December long, people giving away Christmas trees for the needy.
    Anonymous

• Try freecycle.com I don't know of any free or low income programs to get trees. You can also try the Goodwill. Like another poster said, you can get a pretty decent tree at Walmart for $20.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:57 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Some people just don't get it. When you have to make $1400 a month cover everything, and your rent is $750, and you have to pay all your utilities, food, insurance, transportation, clothing, for three people $20 is a lot! Don't say move to a cheaper place because your new landlord wants proof of income! And sometimes you fall between the cracks for subsidized housing.

I found my tree on Craig's List. If you are in Los Angeles call 211 for referrals. Go on the Toys for Tots Website to get distribution centers in your area. There are a lot of events planned for 12/12 and 12/20 so move fast.

Bless you sweetie. I see you checking. I see you working at it. You'll get it done.
    Luther9067

Answer by Luther9067 at 6:00 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• Wow some people are kind of rude when someone in need asks for help. It's not that easy to ask for help!!

I did a search for free trees for low income and so far haven't found any information but haven't given up. I too am very low income. In fact I get $950 a month and my bills are over twice that. For me $20 may as well be $200 But people who aren't having money troubles don't seem to get it. Lots of people say "oh I don't have money" but they really do. What they really mean is "I don't have money for THAT". There is a HUGE difference. When I say I am broke, I mean it. When you have to get food boxes to get by, have to skip paying bills, can't afford medical or dental help things are pretty bad... I've even been trying to sell as much as I can which isn't much just to pay bills and come up with some money for the holidays (And I'm not having much luck with that either because I don't really own anything of value).
    ClaudiaBarclay

Answer by ClaudiaBarclay at 5:54 AM on Dec. 1, 2013

• I was moved to join this board, not because I'm a mom, but because the callousness of some people (probably making Christian noises) forget what Christmas is about and can be like when you're poor! Poor in goods, not in spirit. Anyway, check with your state's Department of Forestry. I found out yesterday there are different programs they donate trees to, for needy families. You can find them online. After that you might need to email. Good luck, and Merry Christmas!
    mosleyjackson

Answer by mosleyjackson at 11:27 AM on Dec. 11, 2013