Need some help

Is there anyone with some tips, I'm going crazy. I yell too much at my kids because they drive me crazy. Well not the baby just the two year old. The weather has been wet and cold for the past 2 weeks and we've been stuck inside for two weeks. My 2 year old, 5 month old and me, inside by ourselves for two weeks. My voice is horse today for just yelling. I can't get my two-year-old to mind. Not even a little bit. Today he was acting find playing with our bunny (from outside the cage) I take the trash out and come back to him throwing tuna cans at her. Where did he get tuna? I have no idea. He throws stuff at his brother, he throws stuff at me, he laughs at me when I get mad. I don't like yelling at him, it makes me feel horrible after the fact. I don't want to be a mean mom. he doesn't want to play any of the indoor games or color or anything like that. He wont play with cars. I feel like I'm on the edge right now. Any tips?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:57 PM on Dec. 9, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Get out of the house, even if you bundle everyone up to go to Walmart. A 2 y/o needs lots of stimulation and physical activity. Especially a boy. Maybe go to Chuck E Cheese where you know that he's safe, indoors, and can run his little legs off. You don't have to have tokens or eat there (although they have coupons online chuckecheese.com and Reward Charts (print one that says "Pick up toys, etc. and they give 10-20 tokens free when you bring it in) He can climb the slide on the ceiling, sit on the rides and pretend to be driving, etc. He (and you) need a change of scenery. I am so sorry that the weather is yucky and you are feeling so stressed.

PS-For $3.00 you can get a refillable plastic CEC up, I take ours every time we go and it saves money. Free drinks. We share. Good luck, Mama!
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 8:11 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• i have a 2 year old and a six month old i know you feeling ive been stuck in the house for two weeks too. and it does drive a person mad. if you get some good answers please let me know!!
    Nicole_06

Answer by Nicole_06 at 8:20 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• OK-In a perfect world, you could get out of the house. But what if you can't?

1) Make crafts. Flour/water paste, pasta, (not beans, he'll put them up his nose), cereal, sprinkles, etc can make pretty pictures. 2) Let him take extra baths for "play time". If you have tub crayons, even better. (If not ask for some for Christmas, they are AWESOME! Tadoodles is the name of them, you can get at Walmart, writes on tub/shower walls, and washes right off.) 3) We play "hide and seek" (or run and squeal) in the house. I chase him from room to room or around the tables or he chases me and in about 5-10 minutes, he's wore out and will play with toys. When he finds me, I yell, "Boo! You found me!" and take off running again. It's great fun! He laughs and is so excited!

I know you have the baby, too, but it sounds like he is craving some mommy-time. Can someone come over and watch the baby so that you can play with the 2 y/o?
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 8:22 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Stop screaming and start using time-outs.

Also I totally go to McDonalds play grounds (inside) when the weather is bad.

I also just bought a pair of snow pants for my 2-year-old so we aren't so stuck inside this winter.
    Anonymous

• We run and play chase in the house. I know it is late in the year but I bought a beach ball over the summer and we play ball in the house and we don't break things this way. Color and use time outs instead of yelling. If they know that they are getting to you it is fun. My lo gets asked if she wants to "test Mommy's patience" and that usually gets her to stop doing what she was doing to get into trouble. When she doesn't stop she gets her hand popped which then makes her stop. We also play with fridge magnets.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:33 PM on Dec. 9, 2009