laptops for toddlers??

which one is a good one for 18 m/o and up (boy)? I was considering the vtech baby learning laptop (6 m/o and up) then I came across the vtech animal friends toddler laptop (18 m/o and up) which has a screen which gives it more of a real laptop feel, but the screen is sooo small! I looked around online, and it seems like all of the laptops for toddlers have a small screen... if you own one like that, are/were there any visual difficulties, or did your LO take to it right away?

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 7:58 PM on Dec. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• It's funny that you ask this because we just bought one for our 3 yr old for xmas. I already forgot what kind it is, but it seems pretty neat.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 8:04 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• we want to buy my 4 yr old one for christmas she likes tinkbell, princesses and Dora.
    youngmom2004

Answer by youngmom2004 at 8:21 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Just curious why they need a laptop?
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:28 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• well I was thinking my son might like it since he likes to play with my computer. I figure, he will see "wow I have my OWN computer, no more messing with mommies" lol and he will learn some numbers, shapes and sounds while he plays with it.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 8:34 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Its been years, but I tried buying a Vtech for my son so he wouldn't want to use my computer. It didn't work. The computer is always going to be more alluring. Jump Start makes some good educational software for kids of all ages. That is what we ended up doing. We bought him educational discs and started handing down the old computer to him when we get a new one. He is 9 now and is on his second one. He is a whiz on it, and I cant wait until he gets old enough to take computer classes (iIve looked, and can't find any offered to kids til middle school age) I guess what I am saying is, I have learned to view his interest in all things computer related as a positive thing.

honeyb3

Answer by honeyb3 at 9:23 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• my 2 year old son loves my sisters laptop and is obsessed with our computers. my mom bought him a fisher price one for his age and he has no interest in it because he knows it's a toy. my sister got him the $20 value toy one from Target. it's for 5+ but he uses it almost everyday because it looks so real. he plays the music and actually figured out some of the games. after he completely messed up my husband's computer 3 or 4 times, it's a lifesaver.
    LoveMySquish

Answer by LoveMySquish at 11:49 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• thanks lovemysquish!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 10:17 AM on Dec. 10, 2009