Follow up to HELP with WINDOWS! Short circuits and space heaters (fuse box in landlords attached apartment)... renting, cold house!

So in addition to the windows being super crappy, we bought the lowest voltage little space heaters and they keep shorting out rooms, and the fuse box is in our landlords attached house apartment. We have NO access to the fuse box. Is there a way to fix that? Is it Ok to ask for a key to his place since there is no way to access the fuse box from our side? Its ridiculous.
I tried to put a space heater in the bathroom so my son didnt freeze during bath time and it shorted the bathroom, so I had no light to give him a bath, and am wondering if I will even get a shower tonight since the landlord doesn't seem to be home (no answer to phone, not in his garage working where he would be otherwise).
VERY VERY FRUSTRATED! Help please.

missbreezy214

Asked by missbreezy214 at 8:04 PM on Dec. 9, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Contact your local renter's right office

Answer by rkoloms at 6:43 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• or your zoning office. Not legal for you not to have access.
    DogsMom

Answer by DogsMom at 7:29 AM on Dec. 10, 2009