Does ur man make u feel like u can't do anything?

OK my man loves me of course but says I am not a strong woman he says I would not know how to handle certain situations. Ex: If a guy was to talk to me he says I would give the guy the wrong impression just bc I am too nice to men and woman but mainly men (atleast in his eyes) I do not dress provacative or anything to draw attention just being my sweet self :)
Also I can't even go for 10 hours to go see my parents bc he says what if..I am like wtf how or when will I ever learn...he just pisses me off. I know he sounds possesive but I do go do what I have to do (get nails done, go to the retail store take care of stuff I need to do) but he makes me feel like I am a dumbass and I have told him that he says well you don't act like u no how to be a strong woman. I just tell him well what do u want 2 do go find u an independent lady...jerk!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:09 PM on Dec. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• No. Mine just questions every decision I make lately. I dont' think he does it on purpose, but his mom does this to me too. She is constantly telling me how to parent my child even though I know that I am making the best decision for our family. But because she questions me he now does the same thing. I have pointed this out to him several times in the last few weeks, because it is getting worse.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:27 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• No, mine is quite the opposite. He says I'm the strongest women he's ever met. I have to be independent and he knows that. He's gone a lot so I have to be.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 8:38 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• No one, and I mean No one will ever make me feel as if I'm nothing. no one on this earth has the power to put down others.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 9:07 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• You should show him how strong you are as you shove his ass out the door.

Anonymous

• Do you think you need to be stronger and more confident? I think he's either trying to convince you that you're weak or he's at least trying to keep you weak by reminding you of it and stifling your attempts to become stronger. He's obviously not telling you this to encourage you to be stronger, otherwise he'd be encouraging you to do things like take that 10 hour trip. To be honest, it sounds like he needs to keep you "beneath" him and dependent on him in order to make himself feel secure. He talks with distaste about your "weakness" yet he encourages it at the same time. He doesn't want you to be strong.

Don't let him hold you back from your own personal development. You do have a choice here.
    EmilyandIsaac

Answer by EmilyandIsaac at 6:49 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• I agree with EmilyandIsaac. In my own relationship I sometimes wonder if dh feels that way or maybe is insecure. (I need to take her advice, lol)

My dh thinks I'm an idiot, although he would never say so in front of me. He tends to talk down to me and treats me like I'm 5 instead of 35. Drives me nuts. He'll stop in the middle of conversations to ask me if I understand or to tell me what a word means. Umm, hello I do have an education. ( and yes, I know what that word means too, lol) He doesn't want me to drive and hates for me to go out alone. ( I haven't in years)

Come to think of it, maybe I am dumb...I listened to him, LMAO (JK) I know he loves me with all his heart and soul and would bend over backwards for me. I love him with all I have. Just wish he'd treat me like an equal, ya know?

Kinda know where your coming from, just want you to know your not alone.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:39 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• My Dh will pull this crap a lot, and i know its because he's insecure. the only time he'll talk to me on equal ground is when I'm fed up with him- i tell him I'm leaving. then he's willing to reason. It's gotten better cause i really did leave last time for a bit, he knows I'm not messing around. Maybe you need to tell him you are strong and he needs to get his sorry ass together or your gone.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:32 AM on Dec. 10, 2009