i have a question mommas ?

What is nesting? i have heard these sayings " i have a nesting urge" " i cant seem to stop nesting" what is it? thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:32 PM on Dec. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• cleaning, getting ready for the baby, being nonstop about it
    Anonymous

• i have been feeling that way i already washed her clothes but i feel like doing it agian i get so bored i just want to do that and fold them i go to her crib alot a fold everything over agian
    mommy2be77

Answer by mommy2be77 at 8:39 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Just getting everything ready for the baby. I would wash my DS's clothes 2 or 3 times and hang them up and then arrange them in sizes then in order of my favorite. Then I have his bed all made and the Designs on the wall.
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 9:30 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• It's an instinct to clean and prepare for the baby. Usually starts shortly before they are to be born. With my last child I cleaned for 3 days straight. He was born within the week.
    "Stories abound on pregnant women nesting, which is the biological or emotional instinct a female has to clean like a mad woman before she gives birth. You may have heard stories of some women cleaning at odd hours during the night. Or maybe being down on hands and knees scrubbing every nook and crevice in the floor. Washing and carefully folding every article of baby clothing multiple times or sterilizing bottles and nipples and pacifiers so everything is ready for the day they bring their baby home are also common." http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/654837/nesting_during_the_third_trimester.html?cat=52
    Rachell9503

Answer by Rachell9503 at 12:01 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• Nesting is when you suddenly feel the urge to clean clean clean! I've been experiencing it like crazy. Women usually get this urge when their due date is getting close, it's another sign that labor is on it's way. But this urge usually occurs late at night or extremely early in the morning. I usually do this at 2 and 3 in the morning. I'm sure my apt neighbors hate me by now lol but I can't help it. Some people think that it's a myth but it's actually been scientifically proven.
    Cierra-Jade

Answer by Cierra-Jade at 6:58 PM on Dec. 10, 2009