Tell me I'm not crazy

Once kids turn 1 do they just magically stop liking baby food?? My sonused to eat whatever we gave him but now all of a sudden he's not insterested in his graduates meals & doesn't seem to like mac 'n cheese anymore. We're not a big dinner family since my hubby doesn't get home from work till midnight. I always used to pop in a graduates meal for 30secs & vuala! Now I have to find out exactly what my son likes & get in some sort of veggies since breakfast & lunch are basicaly carbs & fruit.

ours

Asked by ours at 8:34 PM on Dec. 9, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You're not crazy.

Little ones go through weird phases of liking and hating different foods.

Just do your best.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 8:36 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Mine may never stop eating baby food, and that is making me crazy.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 9:29 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Well they do start to have more opinions on what they like and don't like...
    My bet is that the baby foods and the dinners are bland and boring and that is why he doesn't want to eat them...
    Try just feeding whatever you are eating and see if meals go over better...
    Like with my son yesterday he had scrabled eggs for breakfast and for lunch he had grilled cheese, the chunky part of the soup (noodles, veges and mini meatballs) and some apricots... I don't know what he had for dinner I work evenings
    Today he had a apple pastry thing and for lunch we had chicken fried rice with veges and he had some more apricots
    He LOVES it! but he won't touch any of the gerber grad foods.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 9:50 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Both my kids started refusing baby food around 11 months old. They only wanted what was on my plate, so for the longest time I made a lot of food that could be mushed up or chopped up small enough for them to be able to eat it. I steamed the veggies until they almost fell apart on their own, cooked my pastas (at least small portions for them) WAAAY past al dente so they were super soft, and just about shredded any meat we had for them.

I'm so glad they're old enough to really eat now... LOL
    debra_benge

Answer by debra_benge at 10:21 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Mine started not liking baby food at 11 mos too. They then got chopped up or mashed up versions of what we were eating.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 1:19 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• You're not crazy. You're child is changing every day. One day he may like his mac and cheese and the next day have a fit over it! Mine hated the previous stage baby food as soon as she got something thicker. She liked having real food, once that started but will still eat apple sauce or yogurt from time to time. She's still a fan of things she can pick up and chew. Also consider that around 1 they stop growing as fast, so he may simply not be as hungry/not need as much food. Which can make him seem more picky when he's really jsut not as hungry. Hope this helps!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:22 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• Ky is the same way. She won't eat anything that was made for her. She has to eat what I eat... Very annoying,
    DeathBat

Answer by DeathBat at 11:19 PM on Dec. 17, 2009