What is the difference between a doctor and a mid-wife handling your pregnancy/delivery?

This is my second time around and I am thinking of going with a mid-wife this time. Has anyone went with a doc with one preg and a mid-wife with another. How do they differ? What if I change my mind and want an epidural, can a mid-wife order that? Can someone step in if I need the forceps (again)? I get really anxious with docs and have a feeling mid-wifes would take more time to explain, etc. I really have a severe blood pressure phobia. it goes high when the docs take it. esp since they rush u in the room and take it first thing. do mid-wives handle that differently? any help or advice would be great!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:37 PM on Dec. 9, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• No answers yet