hcg levels please answer

im asking this for a friend she and her husband have been trying to have a baby for 7 yrs resulting in 2 misscarriges..... well she found out that she was pred when got her levels done and they were 800 then 1 -2 weeks later they dropped to 27 she has not having bleeding or cramping like she did with her other misscarriges she still has all her preg. signs so my ? is has anyone went thought this and had a baby thank you all for you help

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:39 PM on Dec. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I'm sorry I would think she would miscarry again. That is a signficant drop...are they retesting her?? I have lost two babies to early miscarriage and I am so sorry that she has as well. Have her insist on being checked again to be sure and also have her check her progesterone levels. I hope things work out for your friend.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 10:05 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• That sounds like either a testing error or a miscarriage. hCG levels roughly double every day that a woman is pregnant, and 27 is the level you would find in a woman who is about 4-5 weeks pregnant. I would recommend she get retested, because she would likely have started bleeding by now if she was having a miscarriage. Give her my best!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:40 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• thank you both for your answers she is getting retested this week i had a feeling this might not be a good preg. but i was hopeing b/c about 2 weeks before she found out i found out i was preg i feel bad and try not to talk to her about my preg. this is our 3rd and we were not really trying....... im so excited about this littleone but its hard to show it around her
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:28 AM on Dec. 10, 2009