How much do you spend on your preschooler for Christmas?

I know its sort of a tacky question but my husband and I are disagreeing on what to spend so Im curious to see what other people are doing this year.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:45 PM on Dec. 9, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I think it all depends on your situation....we agreed on a budget before deciding what we wanted to get the kids. I have a 4yr old and 2 yr old. We decided that we wanted to spend no more than $500....that includes both kids and presents from Santa. I did all of my shopping and ended up spending under $400! It's not about the money...it's what you want to get them and what can you afford? I think we need to humble ourselves a bit sometimes. Less was more this year.
    Anonymous

• We have a budget first. Then we split it for our two kids. This year my kids are 5 and 3 and we have 200 for each. I am done shopping and spent just under 150 for each. I got what I wanted to get them for less than what we had in the budget so I did good. I am not going to buy more to "use up the money" we will put it away again til next year or birthdays.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 9:01 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• $5 this year; in the past we spent about $20.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 9:05 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Depends on what we are buying. I try to keep it between $75-$100 per kid no matter what age they are. I've spent as little as $50 on each kid.
    This year my 3yo is getting a dollhouse that is a joint gift with her sister. It was $135 so like $65/girl. And then they each got an extra set of furniture for the house (at $13 each). So we spent about $80 on the 3yo plus about $10 on stocking stuffers.
    Each child is getting 2 gifts and stocking stuffers this year. The rest of the gifts are family gifts (board games and a Wii).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:37 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• We spent around $200 on my almost 4yr old, but when he was 2yr I spent only $20-$30 on him. I guess you can spend however much you want or can. I would have liked to spent more on him when he was 2 but I just couldn't. My husband and I are very excited about this Christmas.
    Anonymous

• i only have one and dh and i both work full time. we spend somewhere around 200 per holiday/b-day.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 2:22 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• we have a 7yr old daughter. i work full time. hubby is unemployed.. we spent around $100 this yr on her.
    kathynej7142007

Answer by kathynej7142007 at 2:51 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• We have a 4 and 6 year old and this year, we spent about $300 on each. Last year it wasn't quite that much, but we could afford it this year.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Dec. 15, 2009