when did start potty training?

thanks for your comments/suggestions

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:05 PM on Dec. 9, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• With my first I started when he was 12 months. My second was 18 months, and my third was 9 months. Lol! It can be done at any age. Just remember the younger they are, the longer it may take for them to learn how to hold it and what it is they are supposed to do. I also never used a potty seat. I bought a seat that fits on the regular toilet so all the kids used the regular toilet from the beginning. Less clean up! That was important to me.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 9:12 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Both at a year old.

Answer by louise2 at 9:23 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• my son is over 2 and we haven't really started anything concrete. We have a potty chair and a small cushion that fits on an adult size toilet. My son wasn't even walking at 12 months... I don't think he would have been ready to start learning how to independantly use the potty at that young of an age.
    Anonymous

• just started with my girl at 2 1/2. my boy is also 2 1/2, but i haven't started with him yet. mine definitely wouldn't have been ready at one.
    tstep972

Answer by tstep972 at 12:43 PM on Dec. 10, 2009