Need xmas gift ideas for preschool teachers????

Last year i did ornaments with their names. Any other ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:15 PM on Dec. 9, 2009 in General Parenting

• http://www.scentsy.com/my2scents

These are super cute and I haven't met anyone that didn't like them.
    NicoR

Answer by NicoR at 9:19 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• How about an Amazon Gift Card!

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:21 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Gift cards are good. I'd say to a local store such as a Target or Walmart.

Answer by Bmat at 9:22 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• I did mugs with hot coco in a holiday food bag (with a tag with coco instructions) last year. This year I am doing small gift bags with purse sized hand cream & hand sanitizers, and some kind of treat! ;o) Hope that helps 

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 9:25 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• I keep hearing over and over that gift cards are the way to go...they get tons of candles and lotions, etc.. I got the main teachers for my kids $20 gift cards at Target and the assistants are getting $10 gift cards at Target. Dunkin donuts gift cards are a good idea too.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 9:29 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• when i was a preschool teacher i had tons of moms put their kids christmas pic in a frame and give them to me as a gift. those were my fav gifts. one mom gave me that and also got a small jewlrey box with my name engraved on it...i still have the jewlrey box and the pictures. it was so long ago (about 5yrs) i don't have them up anymore, but i do have them in a box in storage and sometimes i look at them while going through my stuff. brings back great memories. (i also used to babysit a few kids after hours so it was kinda more than just a teacher relationship. i was friends with the parents too, and still keep in touch with some)
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 9:38 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Just becareful with the gift cards If the preschool is attached to a public school system. There are ethical laws on accepting money - gift cards are considered money, and they can't accept them. (I work in a public school system and when asked 100% of our female teachers said hand cream was a great gift because of how dry their skin gets working around chalk, paper and the dry heat of the school.)

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 9:38 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• ain't that the truth morgain...and having to wash our hands every 2 minutes...especially if you have 2yr olds you're potty training! (we started preschool at age 2 where i was)
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 9:44 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• I purchased an apple frame (from Oriental catalog) and added my kids pictures. Lotion also sounds like an excellent and thoughtful idea.
    Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 10:06 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• I have been a preschool teacher for over 20 years and while it is so nice to get a picture of your child, it is much nicer to get something for the classroom. The gift cards are nice if you are looking for something personal or some home made candy or treats. It really is nice to be remembered. I don't want to be ungrateful but the photos aren't something I can really use or do something with other than post them on the wall and then discard them at the end of the year.
    Anonymous